Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Kittie
Here is what the house looked like this year. We had the graveyard up, the Grim Reaper, the windowkins, and 50 carved pumpkins on display!

By Kittie
Thank you! We almost got rained out. It started raining just as trick or treating was starting, then it was a mad down pour for about 20 minutes, but then it cleared and the kids came out! So it wasn't so bad.
By Tkaraoke
Yes! Very nice indeed! I wish I could pull off a display like that.

BTW: Those were lit up with light bulbs?
By Kittie
The pumpkins? No those all had tea lights in them. I have glass votive holders that I paid 50 cents each for at the dollar store. They are about 2 inches tall so they keep the tea lights from going out.
By joeincogento
Wow! That's a lot of pumpkins! It looks great; all your hard work really paid off. :D
By Tkaraoke
I seem to remember someone here saying they use strings of Christmas-type bulbs to light up their pumpkins. I thought it was you since you carve like a zillion pumpkins! LOL
By Kittie
nope, not me, but we are working on something like that for next year.
By Kittie
We had some extra help this year. Usualy it's just 3 of us, this year we had 5 people carving (and one by my mom, dad, and brother, and my sister did 2).

I am glad we had the help though, with the death of my husbands grandpa, and the funeral and all being right around the same time of all the carving, I didn't think we could pull it off.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!
By The Captain
As always a beautiful display Kittie. I wish I could do that many pumpkins, but I think my eyes would pop out and my hand would fall off! :shock:
By The Captain
That is so weird! look at the time of Kittie's post above mine, and then look at the time of my first post. Mine is before hers, and her post was not here when I posted??? This is not the first time I have seen this. Just thought it was odd? :shock:
By Kittie
Mine says 11:29 and yours says 11:50 in my screen. . .
By mesmark
Kittie - That's an awesome display. i'm glad to hear you didn't get rained out.

Did you move that inflatable reeper from the deli to the yard or do you have 2 of those? :jealous:

I've got to get one of those ... But with shipping, it's actually cheaper for me to fly over there buy it and bring it back ...