Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By CanadianCarver
Here are some of the decorations I have put out so far. The big stuff isn't out yet, as I do not want it to magically walk away or get destroyed by the wind.

A wide shot of the house front:

Revenge Mascot with the lawn skulls:

There is a lot more to come, including a full cemetary with a fence, tombstones, skulls, a coffin with a skeleton inside, a couple of mummies and a fog machine. And of course about 30 pumpkins! I will post pics once everything is setup. Thanks for looking!
By GUS
nice, I'm jealous!

not only is it tidy (unlike my front, ..thanks Izzy) it's a vast expanse too!

Good Work look forward to more.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow, great home. Looks like it was made to be spookified. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the "big stuff" out.
By Nikki
Your house is so perfect for the design! :shock:

Awesome work!

Not enough people in my area actually decorate..and if they do, it just looks so cheesy haha
By CanadianCarver
I put up a few more things yesterday:

Here is a night shot of the cemetary fence. The lighted skulls on the posts are flashlights from Walmart. The smaller skulls are whistles that I glued on.

Here is a closer look:

Here is a day shot of the tombstones in place:

There are some more pictures of each tombstone here if anyone is interested

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee30 ... en%202007/

More to come!
By Tkaraoke
Wow! Your display at night is nothing short of awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us.
By Flak
That is awesome, I wish I had a house I could decorate like that
By Pumpkin Head
I love your tombstones! The inscriptions on them are awesome! Were these all handmade?
By CanadianCarver
Pumpkin Head wrote:I love your tombstones! The inscriptions on them are awesome! Were these all handmade?
Yes I made them using styrofoam from Home Depot. I used a dremel to cut in the letters and designs, and painted them up. They aren't too hard and I think they look pretty good. The two with the crosses on top are 4 feet tall, so they look real from a distance.
By Pumpkin Head
CanadianCarver wrote:
Pumpkin Head wrote:I love your tombstones! The inscriptions on them are awesome! Were these all handmade?
Yes I made them using styrofoam from Home Depot. I used a dremel to cut in the letters and designs, and painted them up. They aren't too hard and I think they look pretty good. The two with the crosses on top are 4 feet tall, so they look real from a distance.
Cool...this might be a project that I'll take up for next year. I think they look more than pretty good. I think they look awesome! You should consider doing a step-by-step DIY thread. :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You set the bar high for the rest of us. That's great that you're collecting for the food bank too. You certainly deserve the newspaper attention.
By CanadianCarver
Pumpkin Head wrote: You should consider doing a step-by-step DIY thread. :D
Unfortunatly I did not take any "in progress" pictures. There are many people with directions on this site:
http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

There is an entire section just on tombstones. Thanks for the kind words!
zombiepumpkins wrote: You set the bar high for the rest of us. That's great that you're collecting for the food bank too. You certainly deserve the newspaper attention.:D
Thanks Ryan. The food bank is why we are really beefing up our display this year. Your stencils will be the icing on the cake, as they have received the most "Oooohs and Aaaahhhs" each year!
Last edited by CanadianCarver on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Pumpkin Head
CanadianCarver wrote:
Pumpkin Head wrote: You should consider doing a step-by-step DIY thread. :D
Unfortunatly I did not take any "in progress" pictures. There are many people with directions on this site:
http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

There is an entire section just on tombstones. Thanks for kind words!
Your house looks awesome! Congrats on the write-up in the local newspaper!

P.S. Thank you for the link!