Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By GeologySage
So, last year, at the last moment, it suddenly popped into my head to put dry ice into a fountain I have in my front entranceway...

My question is, if I drop in some glow sticks into that pool.. with the dry ice... will the fog.... glow?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I would imagine it would glow. Give it a try! By the way, how much dry ice did you put in there and how long did the effect last?
By GeologySage
Ummm... I think I got... like.... 5 pounds or so. While I did have to load in pieces throughout the night, it lasted about 3 hours or so...

I just know what I got worked for the night lol.
By Kittie
I think we are going to try to add an effect like this to our graveyard this year.

Is Dry Ice cheeper and More effective then a fog machine? Do you think?
By GeologySage
Yeah, I broke up the pieces. Better to have lots of little chunks in there than the big ones.
By CorpseBride
Kittie wrote:I think we are going to try to add an effect like this to our graveyard this year.

Is Dry Ice cheeper and More effective then a fog machine? Do you think?
I don't know about the cheaper part. But I have a fog machine and I think the effect from dry ice is much better....it sticks to the ground more as with my fog machine the fog tends to lift and look more smoke-like.
By Dadja
CorpseBride wrote:I don't know about the cheaper part. But I have a fog machine and I think the effect from dry ice is much better....it sticks to the ground more as with my fog machine the fog tends to lift and look more smoke-like.
Do you use the fog machine in combination with a cooler? Because most of the time, I hear that's what's done to keep teh fog down...
By GeologySage
I also used a fog machine in the area behind and below the fountain. As mentioned, the fog would rise, but that mixed with the dry ice gave a cool effect to the area. (When the fog machine was on and not warming up etc...)