Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By mesmark
I didn't really know where to put this. It's not really a carving photo or stenciling beyond the pumpkin...

I carved a couple foamkins today and was checking them out. Then my son noticed the projection on the wall. Well, we got to playing around and then threw it on the ceiling. It's a pretty cool effect for the room. If you are having a party and the room will be dark or somewhat dark, this might be an eerie thing to do.

here's a shot of my ceiling.

It only worked with the rainbow light. The candel light one doesn't give off enough steady light. Also, strobe or color combinations with two or more lights causes distortion.
Last edited by mesmark on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oooh, looks like a cool effect. And you were able to capture a good photo of it, as well.
By GUS
..which once again shows the ability of the "AMAZING rainbow coloured LED pumpkin light" ..and why every home should not be without one (or 5, yeah lets make it 5)

I actually double mine up as nightlights or to light my way in the dark if I can't be bothered to put the main house lights on they're that capable.

Very Impressed (which is why i bought 20 sets of them) without previous experience of them, seemed to be well thought of.
By CorpseBride
Awesome!! I just might have to do that myself!
By mesmark
The same could be done onto a wall but you'd need some contraption to hold the rainbow light upright.

One of my students is an engineer and he makes lenses for carmeras and projectors. When i showed him the rainbow light, he said that it's just a simple version of the lamps in projectors. That might be why it works so well.
By GUS
mesmark wrote:The same could be done onto a wall but you'd need some contraption to hold the rainbow light upright.
Small camera "beanbag" stabilizer they sell these days would do it well I imagine, or a couple of handfuls of sand/ similar in a bag then positioned accordingly. whether in or out of a pumpkin would also add stability to a foam pumpkin in gusty weather?