Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By amandap80
Ok, here is the question. I have a big cast iron cauldron I use for my witchy fun. I have used dry ice + hot plate + glow sticks for the past 2 years to make a green fogging cauldron. However, the dry ice is a huge pain, the hot plate doesn't keep up with the cooling effect of the dry ice, and I have to add boiling water to the cauldron every 10 minutes, and keep a cooler and glove hidden under my table to add ice...all the while hiding this from visitors. :roll: Looks great, if I can keep it up consistently. I am seeing alot of these misting fountains that use a ceramic plate to 'ionize' (not sure if this is correct) the water to make a mist. I found a 5 head mister on ebay, which supposedly produces quite a bit more than the standard fountain. Will this be worth the money? I know dry ice is prolly the best effect, but part of the Halloween fun is ruined by having to babysit it. Thoughts? :?:
By reignman40
My parents have one of those little fountains they picked up at a local store. It looks nice but doesn't output a massive amount. Not sure how big the one you're looking at is. It may work. Unfortunately you probably won't know how well for sure until u waste your money. My thoughts also though are to consider your expense for dry ice year after year. Technically if this is going to be used every year you won't have to endure that cost each year. Just a thought.

Hope someone else has more experience that can help more.

Curtis
By amandap80
Just as an update, I did buy the 3 head mister. It actually looks pretty badass. I am getting excited!!! I think it will be much less work than the dry ice.
By amandap80
I found it on ebay by searching for 3 jet mister. I think the official title is a Pond Mister.