Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By amandap80
I totally forgot to do this last year! It was 51 degrees this morning - so I got in a spooky humor and decided to go thru my 2017 pictures. :jack_o_lantern:
Here are a few to give you the general idea of the madness.

What an AWESOME display!!! The inside looks great, and the outside is perfect! I love your lighting and decorations. You’ve given me some ideas on how to spruce up my display.

Looking at these pictures have definitely got me in the Halloween mood!
amandap80 liked this
I’ve been tempted for years to buy a fogger. What kind are you using, and are using a chiller to keep the fog low to the ground? I think the fogger gives the perfect look with the pumpkins and lighting, but I’ve always been apprehensive after reading about the foggers not working the next year, and about people having problem keeping the fog low to the ground. Do you use a timer?
amandap80 liked this
Excellent! I always enjoy looking at your displays. I always comment on the fireplace and that awesome runner. I love it. I must have one :D

I like the skeleton silhouette in the front door and the big spider off the front porch looks amazing in the photo from the street.

The pumpkin scarecrow is fantastic as well. I like the whole thing but the stem on the pumpkin really makes it. Did you make that yourself?
amandap80 liked this
DeadKing wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:46 pm
Amazing! :-o Everything looks so stylish, and the pics are great, a lot of effort to put this all togheter.. I would totally be there for Halloween.. :jack_o_lantern: 8)
Thank you! You could totally come - just bring the pumpkin beer! :jack_o_lantern:
BrookR1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:30 pm
What an amazing house with amazing pumpkins! I'm a clutz when it comes to choosing Halloween decorations other than pumpkins.

Please marry me!
Thanks so much! I could marry you - but you have to come to me, help me unpack and repack all my Halloween stuff each year, and kick out my hairy, beer swilling husband. :lol:
Mayor of Haddonfield wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 pm
What an AWESOME display!!! The inside looks great, and the outside is perfect! I love your lighting and decorations. You’ve given me some ideas on how to spruce up my display.

Looking at these pictures have definitely got me in the Halloween mood!
Thank you very much! I am glad to be an inspiration! :grin:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:26 pm
I’ve been tempted for years to buy a fogger. What kind are you using, and are using a chiller to keep the fog low to the ground? I think the fogger gives the perfect look with the pumpkins and lighting, but I’ve always been apprehensive after reading about the foggers not working the next year, and about people having problem keeping the fog low to the ground. Do you use a timer?
I have a DJ Chauvet fogger with a timer. I am not using a chiller right now - although I have tinkered with one in the past. I got lucky that night and the temperature was cool so my fog didn't immediately dissipate. The key is to really CLEAN the heck out of it with vinegar at the end of the year, and I make homemade fog juice with vegetable glycerin. I may experiment with a chiller again this year - but I found it was a complicated setup for not much payoff. But I don't have access to dry ice in my rural area, and I heard that can be the trick to the best fog.
mesmark wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:52 pm
Excellent! I always enjoy looking at your displays. I always comment on the fireplace and that awesome runner. I love it. I must have one :D

I like the skeleton silhouette in the front door and the big spider off the front porch looks amazing in the photo from the street.

The pumpkin scarecrow is fantastic as well. I like the whole thing but the stem on the pumpkin really makes it. Did you make that yourself?
That mantle cloth was a Grandin Road purchase - I love that thing. Everything Grandin Road does is the bomb - though quite pricey. I wonder if they ship to Japan?

Yes, I made the pumpkin sentinel myself. I keep wanting to get around to making him hands to up his creep factor. I mimicked him after the sentinels on pumpkin rot. I carved a funkin and added the paper mache stem. I have 2 - Fred and George. :smile:
By BrookR1
amandap80 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:10 am
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:26 pm
I have a DJ Chauvet fogger with a timer. I am not using a chiller right now - although I have tinkered with one in the past. I got lucky that night and the temperature was cool so my fog didn't immediately dissipate. The key is to really CLEAN the heck out of it with vinegar at the end of the year, and I make homemade fog juice with vegetable glycerin. I may experiment with a chiller again this year - but I found it was a complicated setup for not much payoff. But I don't have access to dry ice in my rural area, and I heard that can be the trick to the best fog.
Just buy a dryer hose from Home Depot and fill it with small frozen water bottles and put it close to the fogger nozzle. Viola! Instant cheap chiller. Better yet...have your husband do it. :razz:
By BrookR1
amandap80 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:05 am
BrookR1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:30 pm
What an amazing house with amazing pumpkins! I'm a clutz when it comes to choosing Halloween decorations other than pumpkins.

Please marry me!
Thanks so much! I could marry you - but you have to come to me, help me unpack and repack all my Halloween stuff each year, and kick out my hairy, beer swilling husband. :lol:
Between my 100+ foam pumpkins and your decorations...hmmm...the possibilities! Unfortunately, I'm married to a Halloween minimalist.
BrookR1 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 pm
Just buy a dryer hose from Home Depot and fill it with small frozen water bottles and put it close to the fogger nozzle. Viola! Instant cheap chiller. Better yet...have your husband do it. :razz:
Great idea!!!