Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By sloaner
Looks awesome as always. If you lived near me I would buy your old decorations off of you.
By mesmark
Thanks, Sloaner! I appreciate that.

I've thought about trying to send stuff to people, but most of the stuff is too big and not practical to send. I did find a home for my old stone walls. It was nice to get those out of the closet :)

I went to the hardware store and spent $0.80 on some real wire.

The foil wires looked cheesy but they sort of comically fit better. The real wires are too real but not. Anyway, not going to over think it. (Again) I'm going with the real wires. Maybe ... :lol:
By mesmark
My zombie hunter is now fully loaded.

I finished work on the arrows and quiver today and I might be officially finished with decorations and props.

Now, all I have to do is make a game, a design a maze for the stage, make a set up guide for my volunteers, get all the prizes and stuff organized, and what feels like 100+ other little things. :fangs:

It'll get done :cool:
staticfurball liked this
By mesmark
I got my package from Amazon US! Yay. Now I can stop worrying about that.

I cleaned up my workshop and now it's on to party planning and games.

We carved some pumpkins this evening!

Here's my 12 year old's. Lost part of the face but it still looks good.

And here's my 10 year old's

And finally, mine

That might be it for us this year. I'll have to see how much time and energy I have later in the week.
BrookR1 liked this
By mesmark
For a group game, I'm going to have them toss some sticky brains to each other, like an egg-toss. But instead of them backing up, I'm going to keep adding brains that they have to throw. So, round one, they throw one brain back and forth. Round two, they have to throw 2 brains back and forth.

I already have a zombie card game that I've been using in class for a few years, so I thought I'd just use that as one of my games.

For some new games, I made a game board and kids will try to escape the zombies and get to the "zombie safe room". They roll and move and then the zombie rolls. I played it out 20 times, and the zombie has about a 2/3 chance of getting you.

The cute zombie blow-up dolls are going to be used in a shooting game. Kids will use a Nurf gun and have to shoot the zombie and knock it over. I might need to do something to make it a bit more challenging. Maybe add some water inside to weigh them down just a bit... Or loop some tape and stick to the bottom of their feet.
By Ajax
Things are really coming along. Glad to see you carving again. Did you play castlevania in your youth? Drac looks great and the kids did awesome. The props are all looking good and I can't wait to see the final product.
By mesmark
Ajax wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:51 pm
Things are really coming along. Glad to see you carving again. Did you play castlevania in your youth? Drac looks great and the kids did awesome. The props are all looking good and I can't wait to see the final product.
Ajax - Thanks! I didn't play the game, but the pattern is awesome and I felt like I should try to carve something a little more difficult after my daughter decided to do the sugar skull :fangs:
I was going to do "I got a rock"
By shaft28
As always you out do yourself and put on the best party! Well done man, well done!
By Ajax
Amazing Mark it all really came together! Everyone looks like there having an awesome time. Your lucky someone didnt stab you in the brain at the grocery store.
By Raven
look forward to this thread every year! The dedication and work you put into your party is awe inspiring! Your wife's treat making skills are as always outstanding! I would be a party crasher if I lived near you.
By amandap80
Mark everything turned out just amazing! Your daughter's zombie hunter reminds me of Ellie in the Last of Us video game (especially with her bow and arrow!) Your backdrops and props looked top-notch! As usual, great work all around! :black_heart: :black_heart:
By Zee
Wow! Everything looked amazing. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next year!