Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By shaft28
Great weather, ended up with ~400 kids and spent a record time out with my little ghoul trick or treating.
Image Ai Papi!
By Raven
I seriously want to Trick or Treat at your house. I can't even imagine getting that many kids! I thought we were on a roll this year at my brother in law's house with the 50 or so kids that came by..
By shaft28
Full size candy bars...just sayin’.
By mesmark
Fantastic! From the pumpkins to the decorations and down to the outstanding costume, excellent job! I like the pumpkins in the trees in the back. I also like the little ghost by the door. All the little decorations in the top windows are a nice touch as well. I could hang out there all evening just enjoying it all. That and maybe a full sized candy bar or two :thumbsup:

Is the blowup mummy new?
By shaft28
Thanks and yes the mummy is new. I wanted something tall and not dark to fell a dark corner but ended up putting in on the top curve of my yard so it was a good 14-15 feet tall from the sidewalk.
First year we had a few neighbors hit us up for the “underground treat” (beers). Was a fun one for sure.
By mesmark
There was beer, too! That's my kind of Halloween night.

My party isn't good for relaxing and beers. We've been thinking about having a pre-party the night before with some food, beers and creepy tunes. But, a bit too much for us.

But, now that I know there's a house with full sized candy bars and beer, we can just go there and haunt your place :P

I imagine the mummy was quite a hit. The black cat was awesome, too. Did he have to stay in storage this year?
By shaft28
No the black cat was off to the right of photos. My son had the idea to put it right next to the fence to scare people and it worked. That occasional head movement greats out dogs, 4 year olds and the occasional jogger. I work from home so got to see it in action.
Good memory!
By monstermash
Seeing yards like yours would turn me into the biggest kid. The lights, the multicoloured kins, the giant mummy and the FULL SIZE candy bars! Great work Shaft, glad you had good weather too. Makes all the difference.
By amandap80
What a setup! I love it! Your pumpkins look great, your house is awesome, and your costume is PART OF IT. :love:
shaft28 liked this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Those type of inflatable decorations can be hit or miss with me, but the shape and expression of your blow-up mummy is hilarious. :grin:

The stairs covered in pumpkins are epic. Steps are just a natural display surface for pumpkins, tiered like bleachers. That's a mighty fine porch too, love the stonework.

The skeleton costume with the matching David Pumpkins carving is brilliant. :lol: Ai Papi, indeed!

Thanks for all you do to make Halloween memorable for the neighborhood. You're making important memories!