Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Just a few daytime phone pics of the yard. We still have to add this years batch of pumpkins to the mix and a video screen at the front of the driveway. Will add some more shots at night once I the big night gets here. Decent weather on the horizon, so we're expecting 250-300+ this year.

Last edited by shaft28 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By S.A.M
WOW! Now that's what my dream Halloween house would look like, you've all done such a wonderful job and I'm not surprised you get between 250-300+ visitors, it looks like a move set :love: That ghost with the pumpkin on the doorstep looks ace, is it a vintage decoration? Looks like those old blow-mold Christmas decorations they made years ago. I could stare at these pics for ages picking out the details, love the spider webs, inflatables and look at all those pumpkins :shock: :thumbsup:
By sloaner
That looks great. I don't have nearly that much of a front yard so I like seeing pictures of what other people can do.
By shaft28
Thanks everyone, I will add some night pics once we get the new batch of carves outside. The boards are in their 2nd year, don't think I had a close shot during the day.

I'm waiting a little to put out the new carves, my huge cedar (60-70 feet tall and super wide) is unloading its flowers and pollen. I'm going to have to get out the leaf blower and hose to everything, looks like a light snow dusting but yellow and a few thousand flower pods (they look like banana slugs). Such a pain to clean off...
By shaft28
If you didn't see it, next year check out the David Graveyard in SE Portland. They do a great haunted house, plus the surrounding neighborhoods are pretty into it.
I'm onto the finishing touches here. Just finished carving, need to get the projector out and sound hooked up tomorrow.
Have the day off so plenty of time for final set up and to whip up some read beans and rice for friends. Think my kiddo is jumping out of his skin in anticipation of trick or treating with his buddies. I'll take night shots tomorrow.

Happy Halloween!
We had a big night, as I mentioned in another thread we had 380 trick or treaters. Blew through the 280 full size candy bars, most the "reserve" bag of 300 pcs and half the trinkets we had for the Teal Pumpkin Project (not one kid mentioned). We a mad house as they started in force about 6:30 and ended by 8:15pm...some stragglers but good kids all around.
As of 11am this morning not one sticth of Halloween inside or outside still up (don't look in my garage).

Forgive the lousy pics, with the waves of kids, I just snapped some quick shots with my phone (they really are pretty lousy)...

I think this sets the tone - my son and his 2 buddies last night.

The driveway

Little kids love this pumpkin (has spinning eyes)
He lasted about 90 minutes. But the last 30 was walking with the two buddies he ran into (pictured). He's more about the social aspect than the candy truth be told. Fun night for sure!