Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Mesmark, you never cease to amaze me. Your props are absolutely top notch. Your attention to detail, your craftsmanship; I can't get over how wonderful everything looked. Congratulations on a wonderful party, and on being the king of Halloween props (with an adorable family).
The Devil is in the detail. I honestly don't know where to begin. Totally amazing. My favourite shot is the black and white shot of you and your bride. You seem to be grasping a part of her upper body and who knows where her right hand is. The costumes, the set, the planning and most importantly, the application are always so stunning. You outdo yourself each year. Every year I think, "it can't possibly be as good as he did last Halloween" and I'm right, it never is, it's always far,far better.

I echo everyone's previous comments, such a fantastic .....I was going to say display bit it's more of an experience. Fine job Mark, you excel at your craft. Totally gobsmacked.
Thanks for the nice comments! I guess spending all that time on the machine wasn't such a waste. :D

We changed the party theme in August and so it was hard to get the ideas and plans together. This year was a bit more compact with less props but maybe that was better. Luckily I already had a bunch of other stuff to make it seem like it was more than it was.

Nos, I like the Frank and Bride picture best as well, but my wife had the exact same original comment. "It looks like you are fondling me."

Now, what to do next year ... ???
[quote="mesmark"
Nos, I like the Frank and Bride picture best as well, but my wife had the exact same original comment. "It looks like you are fondling me."

[/quote]

LOL! That was the first thing I noticed as well, although I just shrugged and thought "that's exactly where my husbands hand would have been". :D

Everything is just so amazing! Did your wife make your costumes and all the goodies again this year? The both of you are simply amazing and unstoppable! I'm already looking forward to what you come up with for next year.. Has there been an alien theme yet?
It's ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!!! What a tremendous looking set up Mark. It's so simple but not lacking anything. The perfect, absolutely perfect amount of detail. Nothing is lost, all the individual props compliment each other. The lighting on your machine is brilliant, I can almost hear the electricity humming away. That black and white picture of you and your wife is hilarious, don't we all have such dirty minds :P :lol: :wink:
Raven wrote:... Everything is just so amazing! Did your wife make your costumes and all the goodies again this year? The both of you are simply amazing and unstoppable! I'm already looking forward to what you come up with for next year.. Has there been an alien theme yet?
Thanks! It was fun but just a little sad that it was so short.

My wife has been pretty busy so this year her costume and mine came from stuff we pieced together from a recycle shop here. I just bought the blazer and she found the white summer dress. The kids sewed their own little decorations on to some dresses and my son's costume was bought on Amazon. I got him some steam punk goggles but he didn't seem to happy about it. He didn't want to put on any creepy goth make-up and wouldn't let us gel his hair. I found his lack of faith disturbing. :frank:

I made the neck bolts out of foam, of course. We stuck them on with double-sided tacking tape. Since the foam is light, they stayed on ok.

This year was great, but I feel like I'm running out of ideas. I know I don't need to reinvent the whole thing every year but I like it when we have an all new look for the party. The pressure is already on.

No alien theme yet ... I'll put it on the list :thumbsup: