Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
My party is this Sun., the 25th. It's almost go time ...

I have made some bottles and fulled them with various things. Now that I see them in the set, I may have spent way too much time thinking about it. And, it was a little pointless to catch real spiders for my spider jar :?

as a set, it should look good on a table, some creepy lighting, colored liquid in the flasks

I have a heart and brain prop as well. If there's room, they might go with this stuff. If not, I might leave the brain and heart on the design table. I printed some designs for various things and some anatomy illustrations. I'm going to tape some to the wall and scatter others over the design/study desk - with some pencils, a ruler and maybe some other tools.

I need some books ... we'll see. I still have 2 days. Maybe I can get something from the library today. :frank:
Last edited by mesmark on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matspud wrote:Who cares about the being 8 part :D :D :love:

Love the "chemistry set "table prop. If you a are using spooky lighting on it , you could use tonic water and a backlight to make the flask glow.
I was just about to suggest the tonic water idea. I did it for a staging one year in a flask and it glows nicely in a blacklight. :)
b2b wrote:May we see final set-up photos? I bet they are OUTSTANDING1 :thumbsup:
Ok. Since you asked so nicely. :frank:

Here are the final shots:

I'm really happy with how everything turned out. I started to realize at the end that there wasn't going to be enough room for two science tables. I had planned to have a chemistry table and a work desk, but they just got combined into one. It may have been better that way. Many of my party guests didn't really get what everything was, but I think they understood that it was neat ... :D

I'll post some other party pics, food pics and a walk through video a little later. First, I have to clean up :)
Not only am I blown away every year by your creative talent, but also by the fact that you do so much and put so much detail into everything! Everything looks so amazing and I absolutely love everyone's costumes! Your wife looks stunning! I am looking forward to seeing more! :thumbsup: :love: :frank:
Here's a quick and terrible video of the walk through, but you can get an idea of the surrounding 2 rooms:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are some pictures of other party guests and the party:

my friends Bemax costume - handmade

this year's party treat: frankenKakes

some cookies:

the costume contest winners:

group shot

the start of the set up:

the awesome group of people who came to help me out:

from the back, so you can see the t-shirt image :frank:

and now I just sit back carve a simple pumpkin or two and watch what you all have in store! :frank:

Thanks for all of the comments, encouragement and advice. It's been another great year with the ZP community!
Last edited by mesmark on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
b2b wrote:Alright, I've got my ticket for Japan and all the legal paperwork is ready for you to adopt me. See you soon! :D :wink: :D
we can always use more hands. Come on over. I'm sure my wife won't mind. :frank:
starsparrow wrote:What a great party! From the décor to the costumes, to the cookies and cakes, it all looks wonderful. I'd come and help just to have one of those t-shirts. :frank: :D :D
Thanks! It's fun to see it all come together. The t-shirts didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The front left pocket image was all messed up. I was pretty upset about it for a couple days, but I got over it. Nobody threw the shirt back in my face or anything, so I guess it wasn't as terrible as I had made it out to be ... :frank:
shaft28 wrote:You got any leftover cookies Mesmark?
You mean this last cookie?

Sorry. You can have it. It's still good. I barely licked it.

:frank:
Last edited by mesmark on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.