Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By mesmark
Thanks for taking a look and the nice comments. I'm worried about the painting ... :?

I worked off the original Revenge mascot image, but that image is drawn from an angle:

I'm thinking I should paint it more like a real jack o' lantern with a bright orange inside. The mascot image is a dark brown, as is there is no candle inside.

The eyes will be brown with yellow (seed) pupils. A green stem. No green slime blotches. darker orange for the pumpkin skin.

Painting might start tomorrow. I'll post some more pics then.
You always make such cool props! i look forward to seeing these all done.
mesmark, this might be my favorite project of yours yet! :lol:

Honestly, it's a great idea, very creative. I love seeing the ZP mascots interpreted in slightly different styles. And it's interesting to see them with some extra depth and dimension!

I'm flattered and can't wait to see the progress and final product. I may even be inspired to make something like this myself! Maybe I'll use the 2014 mascot as my reference. He's pretty wicked. :twisted:
By Raven
How awesome are those! You could probably sell them to the minions here with Ryan's blessing of course. I don't know why you are worried about painting them, everything you have done thus far is completely fantastic!
By mesmark
S.A.M wrote:Wicked! Those look awesome mesmark, is that some kind of insulation board you're using?
S.A.M. - yes. I use large sheets of foam insulation board from the local home improvement store. Other areas seem to have a pink version. I hear the pink version is a bit better, but I've never had the chance to try.

The foam is great, because it's easy to cut and shave. It's also light and easy to move around. Bad side is it's light and not great for outdoor use.
Raven wrote:How awesome are those! You could probably sell them to the minions here with Ryan's blessing of course. I don't know why you are worried about painting them, everything you have done thus far is completely fantastic!
Thanks! But the stuff I've made in the past was just off my imagination. While the party guests won't know if they look off, you guys will :shock:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I'm flattered and can't wait to see the progress and final product. I may even be inspired to make something like this myself! Maybe I'll use the 2014 mascot as my reference. He's pretty wicked.
I threatened to do this a few years ago (via PM to Ryan.) It's finally happening this year. And production seems to be on pace. I'm going to wait to paint them, though. I want the colors to be consistent and I might want to make a version of the new mascot :twisted: