Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By mesmark
I probably won't create another post just for my Halloween party, so here is a look at this years party snacks:

my wife made some ninja rice-balls and ninja-men cookies:

there were some other ninja cookies and little throwing star cookies as well:

We had about 115 people this year. Less than previous years but a nice manageable number to be honest. We also didn't have time to promote and invite a lot of people like previous years.

Here are the costume contest winners this year:

and a group shot of the party guests:
Last edited by mesmark on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I said I liked your Halloween sign, I was assuming it to be about ten inches wide. Now I see it in scale, it's even more impressive! So cool, love the fact that you make the swords and those costumes are outstanding. The ninja photographs are so cool. You always tie in the little details to match too. Those ninja related biscuits are awesome. Your party always seems to be a massive hit and Its purely down to all of the time and effort you put into it. Another outstanding year for you. Can't get over the size of that sign!
*Sigh* I wish I had been there even if just to taste your cookies and rice balls. Those ninja rice balls are so cute! It's wonderful to see so many costumes everybody looks like they've really got into the spirit of things. Even with your extra workload and commitments you've managed to pull off another great set up and costumes to boot. Good show sir!
nosferatu wrote:When I said I liked your Halloween sign, I was assuming it to be about ten inches wide. Now I see it in scale, it's even more impressive! So cool, love the fact that you make the swords and those costumes are outstanding. The ninja photographs are so cool. You always tie in the little details to match too. Those ninja related biscuits are awesome ...
Thanks! The sign is 160cm wide and about 60cm high. I wanted it to be big enough to use outside the hall in future years. I was a little worried that it would be too big in the photo spot. It seems to work there though.

MM - thanks! The party went well. We seem to draw a few more Halloween fanatics every year and draw out a little more Halloween out of the regular guests as well. But Halloween is growing here. It is still a bit of a mystery to most, but it's bigger and bigger every year.