Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By shaft28
So I saw some awesome webs in a photo and it turns out to be beef netting that people pull tight and cut holes in. Just wondering is anyone has had any experience with it, and if so has any tips on how to cut the holes in well (just a slash, a poke or cut a full circle?).

http://www.halloween24-7.com/knottsSF_0 ... CN0840.JPG

From what I gather a little goes a long way, so only buy the 5 lb beef tubing (netting) from Trenton Mills. Apparently they only take checks (how 1978 of them) but deliver in a reasonable amount of time.

I've no interest in using dye or black lights, what I'm planning is buying two 7 1/2 feet tall wedding arches - simple frames, about $16 each - painting flat black and building a webbing tunnel up my front walk way. The arches have little crossbars all over so I may hang my carve pumpkins from them (if it is the right size, otherwise I have other spots).

Just was curious if anyone in this crowd had used it before and had some tips.
Thanks, Marc
:arrowhead:
By shaft28
For 5lbs it was $39 (with shipping). Apparently that is enough to mummify my house if I wanted to. I'll take photos in Oct once I set it up. Apparently it is pretty durable and can be reused year after year...if so then it is a pretty goo deal. I spend $15 on the cheap stuff that I throw away each year and find hanging on my plants for months afterwards.