Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Zottoz
Does any one know what they are using or how to build the framework for the displays at an event like the Hudson Valley Pumpkin Glow? I can do the carving of the pumpkins but need some assitance with the structure. Are they using lumber, metal, PVC? How are they attaching the kins to the framework? Any help is greatly appriciated. Thank you!!
By mesmark
Do you have a reference pic? How many pumpkins are you planning to display? Do you have any pictures of your previous displays? That would give us an idea of the space you are working with.

If you are using foam pumpkins only, you could use PVC pipes, but a wood base framework seems like a good idea. You want something heavy and sturdy at the bottom to keep it from tipping over. A wood frame also make it easier to secure, ropes, hooks, etc. Get a large drill bit and you can just thread PVC pipes through the holes in the frame.

Sorry that nobody has gotten back to you on this, but the forums should start picking up soon. More members and more ideas very soon. :thumbsup:
By paddy_babe
mesmark wrote:Sorry that nobody has gotten back to you on this, but the forums should start picking up soon. More members and more ideas very soon. :thumbsup:
yup forum is quiet now but it does pick up big time (and the halloween juices get flowing!) I saw the post but had no idea never having build a display lol
By sloaner
I just use PVC shelving from the hardware store. Since I use foam pumpkins that's all I really need. The shelves also have a plastic mesh design that comes in handy for zip ties on the lighting.