Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Lala
Hey friends! I need to make some fake rocks or boulders for a "Little Mermaid" photoshoot - does anyone know of any good tutorial I could use! Thanks!
By mesmark
I was thinking of making a rock for my beach scene. My first thoughts were chicken wire with paper mache or a beat up card board box with paper mache. Either on would be light and rather sturdy.

You could paint them gray and then shade. If they will just sit and don't need to be sturdy, you could make them rather quickly.
By Lala
Yeah, I was going to do some cardboard and paper mache. If I do so, I will share it here! my shoot got moved to Friday so I need to have at least something done. Thank you both!

mesmark wrote:I was thinking of making a rock for my beach scene. My first thoughts were chicken wire with paper mache or a beat up card board box with paper mache. Either on would be light and rather sturdy.

You could paint them gray and then shade. If they will just sit and don't need to be sturdy, you could make them rather quickly.
By nosferatu
I once saw a video that showed a rock made out of a lump of packing polystyrene to make a basic block shape, they then mixed up some cement, applied with a trowel into a rough rock shape before letting it dry. It looked pretty effective and really quick to make.

Good luck though and look forward to seeing the end result.
By monstermash
I fancied making a few small rocks to hide lights in for the graveyard. I might still give it a go at some point. I'd love to see how any turn out that you ghouls come up with.