Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By BigScience
Here are some short videos showing the way around our home haunt for 2013. I will post good photos as soon as I work with them and get them off of the nice camera. These are quick iphone videos but you get the general idea.

Daytime-

Nighttime-

We had between 700-750 trick-or-treaters come to the door this Halloween with close to 1200-1300 people making their way through the yard that night.

Already have plans in the works to expand next year! 363 more days!
Last edited by BigScience on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By amandap80
This is awesome, I love the walk-thru videos! Great job, you have some of the technical stuff I am trying to sink my teeth into! :)= Great carves, love the pumpkin truck!
These videos were great, BigScience! As I've often said, it's nice to see a video walk-thru to really get a good idea of how things are arranged. Even better, you showed us a daylight and night time version too.

And with great narration so we know what we're looking at. Well said. You know your pumpkin pattern names too... spouting them off like they're the names of old friends. :)

I'd say you had a great balance of decorations. Pumpkins, video projections, skeletons and tombstones. Nothing really overpowers or steals attention from the next thing. It's all worth looking at.

I love the style of the AtmosFEARfx videos. I like the ones you chose to display. I need to get my hands on some of those discs!

Legless Joe and Jake in the truck. Haha. What a sight. I used to have a skeleton like Joe, which came from a school biology classroom. Mine was named Henrietta and she was also missing a lower leg. Something about school kids... they must be rough on tibias and fibulas.

I liked that you had themed groupings of pumpkins... Universal Monsters, Walking Dead, Wizard of Oz, kids. And that Poe tombstone that lights up might be my favorite. Great work!
Thanks Ryan! The Poe tombstone is the single piece that I am happiest with this year. I am looking to create one for Vincent Price, am hoping for an Alfred Hitchcock pattern (pretty please) that I can create one with as well!
By b2b
WOW! It's all great! My favorite is the special FX monsters in the window, probably because I was hoping to do that last year. Nice to see how realistic it looks, and I can imagine how many second glances it got! I will put it on my list for 2014. My ToTers only number around 40 to 60 now-a-days, but I still want them to take away some memories with their goodies. To have as many as your house gets would be beyond awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.
By paddy_babe
I was going through the forum for inspiration and completely got distracted by your videos! Such an cool display! I loved the singing pumpkins (it reminded me of the singing heads at Disney's Haunted Manor) I bet they were a hit!

Omg you just reeled off all the pattern names without even thinking, kudos :thumbsup:

Please do a vid of your display this year, would love to see it! :D
Hey Guys, I will set up a youtube account or something and re-upload the videos. I have deactivated my Facebook account and the videos were there. I will update links soon.
By matspud
So cool. I wish the weather here would ease off around Halloween. The past few years we have had high winds and torrential rain :( Last year , when I didn't do anything, it rained but dried up later. I am going to have to try to so something with the pumpkin jamboree dvd, I love that.
Congratulations, can't wait to see this years x