Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By SuperSonic
I'm glad to see I was half right. I thought maybe the scarecrow would be the one and only Patch Master!

This looks soooooo cool!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
When the weather forecast called for a hurricane right before Halloween, I was feeling pretty discouraged about my chances for a good outdoor display. Even if the major storm passed through fast enough, the meteorologists were still predicting rain and wind for Halloween night. Hardly the best conditions to debut my scarecrow on the front lawn.

Well, I was very relieved when the storm made a quicker-than-expected exit. The worst thing to contend with on Halloween night was a chilly temperature. The wind and rain left us alone, it was a clear, dry night. And so this scarecrow tool his position in the yard. :twisted:

Since my last update, his white pipe arms were painted black. Gnarly green sticks were added to the arms to give him a more natural look. We lit him with an orange spotlight.

Here are a few pics...

We had hundreds of trick-or-treaters come by. At times, the yard was full of people. Many of them took pictures with the scarecrow, so it proved to be a great prop for photo opps.

Looks great. There they are again! Those tiny McDonald's Treat Pails. I never got why people would take those out Trick-Or-Treating? You would have to empty it out every ten houses.
That's really spooktacular. I love the scarecrow head but I think the twisted hazel arms look fantastically creepy. Should have had a zombie pumpkins! Banner in the background of that photo op. that's a great idea though, encourages more trick or treaters I would imagine.

Love the photos as usual.