Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By shaft28
Ok, had grand plans to create a archway tunnel covered in spider webs and hanging pumpkins but our front walkway is too dang wide so the arches won't cover the spread. Had to set up on the side, still setting up (webs to do an finish a few kins, not to mention carve real ones). Will get there in the next coupel days and look much better at night.

Wee Japanese maple hanging kins

Right front yard

Left yard

Front porch - many real pumpkins to add

Also I have 7 pumpkins hanging from the front tree, pic turned out lousy. Will get one on Halloween.
Last edited by shaft28 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know, me too. Been raining a bit, started right after I set up so was unable to start plugging in the lights. Might get a chance tomorrow otherwise next nice day is Friday...

I have to say I do enjoy watching the kids walk to/from school all stopping to check out the yard. Plus quite a few adults walking by stopping to appreciate the hard work (tips hat to Ryan for making me look like bada$$).

Need to go pick up 200+ full sized candy bars today for the mad hordes this Friday!
The house at night - over 250 kids - we blew through 216 full sized candy bar (ok 214, I ate one and another stashed for later). Plus numerous bags of smaller candy. And amazingly all polite (usually 1-2 kids are jerks).

The real Iron Man

All in all a great evening. Made a big pot of homemade gumbo, couple buddies over to hang, talked with tons of neighbors and my son said he had the best day ever. Can't beat it.
I will say had a few great compliment on the pumpkins and house - even one dad stating our house was better than anything the nearby street known for Halloween houses. I need a beer. Hope all of you had a great evening.
By Raven
I read the first part of the last paragraph as having "cuddle buddies" over to hang. I was thinking that was a lot to share with us, but whatever. :wink:

The set up looks awesome! I wish I could find at least one "Halloween house" around here, but everyone sucks. I'm sure they are out there, I just don't know where. Believe me, adults love that stuff just as much as kids do and I bet they appreciate you doing so much! It helps that the house is just cool looking to begin with. I like the 3 windows upstairs. They are creepy all on their own. :)
Great job! I love the ghosts by the door. I'm assuming the one door-right was LED. The night photo didn't come out, but I assume it looked great in person.

There's a lot of great detail. The arches add a nice dynamic with their height. I also like the orange windows on the 2nd floor.

Glad to hear it was a good night.