Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Wedge
Well here is my tiki God costume I made. You can't see it in the picture but inside the mouth there was a red neon light and small speaker. I carried around a backpack with a discman, speaker, and 2 large 6 volt batteries. I had hawaiian tribal music and chants playing and the mouth would light up with the beat of the music. Took too damn long to wire the batteries, light, and switch together but in the end I think it came out pretty good.
I spent so much time working on the mask that I never really got around to carving. The onlt pumpkin I got done with year was the ZP logo.
By Tkaraoke
Woah! That is really freaking cool! I love it! Was the suit totally your design?
By Wedge
Yeah everything on the costume was pieced together. The body suit was from a halloween store, the shirt and grass skirt from a thrift store, and the mask from Black Market Minerals. I also picked up a shell necklace and flower lei from the thrift store as well but with the mask you can't see either. Total cost was about $50 for the basic suit and then another $50 for the neon light, sound modulator, batteries, and switch. But now I can hang the mask on the wall and still have it light up to music in the room.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice costume idea. A tiki god is cool enough, but the fact that you wired up the mask for light and sound is an awesome touch! Do you have the means to post some video of this in action? (on YouTube perhaps) Otherwise, we'll just have to imagine it, based on your description.

And if you're only going to carve one pumpkin, I think the ZP logo is the perfect choice! :wink: