Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
I was able to get Makeup Wedges and Powder Puffs at my local Dollar General yesterday. Very cheap $1.25 for the wedges and $1.00 for the puffs. I think I will look up some Halloween Makeup tutorials on YouTube later today.
Great pagemaster1993, you're acquiring the tools for the job. When I've done Halloween makeup, I've also used brushes to apply it in areas where I need a little more detail that you'd get with the wedge sponges. As a manly dude, I don't have any makeup brushes, but as an artist, I do have a ton of small paint brushes in various sizes. So I'd do some edge work on the makeup with those. Also, once I set everything by patting on the powder, I used a large/soft brush to very gently brush away the excess powder on my face. Although, for a ghost, if you had some "dust" still on your face, it could be appropriate.
By NikkiRae
Just a couple quick suggestions from a makeup addict:
1. If you plan on doing dark eyes, use a concealer brush to put the makeup on in that area. Its a soft, flat brush with a rounded tip. It gives great control for under and around the eyes.
2. Also if you're using black cream makeup on your eyes, you may want to draw an outline in black eyeliner just to keep it from running or feathering. It helps to keep the makeup in place.
3. Last, the best power I have ever found to keep makeup fresh is a finishing powder by Make Up Forever. It's a little pricey ($16 for a travel size jar), but you don't have to use a lot and it makes the makeup last super long.
I've used all these techniques before doing halloween makeup for friends. I've also used eyeshadows before to do makeup rather than creams. I feel like you can get a lot more depth with shadows because you have more control over contouring and such things. Also, they can be cheaper if you buy like Wet N' Wild brand.

Good luck!!!
Pagemaster, don't be afraid to shop in the cosmetics department. I've had to do that to get stuff like eye liner, eye shadow, and lipstick for various monster costumes. If anyone looks at you weird, just say you're shopping for your girlfriend.
I looked on youtube for make up videos. Not a single one was very helpful. So I will ask a few questions: 1. I put the make up on first? and then the powder, or 2. I put powder on first then make up?

I think I will use the eyeliner idea for eyes. Should I also use it to help hollow out the cheeks?
Clean your face first, to get rid of oils. Then the makeup. Let it dry a bit, then finally pat the powder on the last. The powder covers the cream makeup so it won't be sticky. Then it's less likely to rub off on things.

For making your cheeks look sunken in, you could add some darkness under your cheekbones (sort of how I did in my avatar to the left). Depends how realistic you want to go. Hard edges would look like a cartoon skull. Soft edges would be more ghostly, I think. Blending your dark cream makeup into the white could work. Or use some eyeshadow type makeup to make soft shadows in places like... under the cheek bones, under the jaw line, etc.

Eyeliner is good if you want to make hard edges. Years ago I was a clown, and I drew the edges and thin lines around my eyes with eyeliner:

By pagemaster1993
Here is my Trick-Or-Treat night costume:

Sort of looks like Carnival Of Souls, but in color.

I had help putting it on, and taking it off. The only thing I should have done was set my hands with powder, because the make up came off on my cloths (luckily it came out in the wash), on my chair that I was sitting on, the table I had the candy bowl on, and the candy bowl itself.

Now there will be one more costume for me to do, and that will be for my friends Halloween Party this Saturday. I plan on doing a Baron Samdi/Baron Mojo costume. A Voodoo skeleton basically.
By NikkiRae
The costume looked great! Sorry to hear about the issue with the makeup on the hands though. I hope your other costume turns out like you want it to. Good luck!
By pagemaster1993
zombombie wrote:Looks great - I especially like the bow tie. Bow ties are cool. Were you thinking of going with a hat?
I was going to put on my famous top hat, but was not sure if make up even thought it was set would get on it. Though the next costume needs it for sure.
Went to a friend's party and this is how my costume looked:

I completely forgot to black out the nose to make it look more like a skull, other than that I have no complaints. This will probably the last costume until next year.