Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Pennywise
I looked high and low for some good quality prosthetic appliances that matched the appearance of my werewolf character Lenore, but came up empty. I found a great Halloween mask that looks nearly exactly like her, but I really wanted prosthetics. So I decided I'd make my own!

I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I guess we'll just have to start here. As I build the rest of the costume I'll update this post and show you guys my progress! The only things I'm buying are hands and feet. Everything else will be custom made.

Here's what the character looks like.

And here's my almost-final sculpt. I have some more detailing, smoothing and texturizing to do, but this is basically what it will look like. The fangs are going to be cast separately since they overlap.

Here's the steps I took to get here:

1. Put a thin layer of vaseline on my face, then apply plaster bandages directly to my skin to make a mold of my face.
2. Took my plaster face mold and poured in liquid plaster, then waited for it to dry.
3. Pulled off my plaster bandage cast and was left with a plaster replica of my face.
4. Sculpted my werewolf face directly on my plaster face.

Unfortunately I was putting vaseline on my face and walked away. When I came back I forgot to continue applying the vaseline and started covering my face with plaster bandages. When I pulled them off I ended up popping a bunch of blood vessels on the slope of my nose, so now I have a nasty looking bruise that I have to explain to people. Haha.

Let me know what you think! I love how it's turning out so far!
By nosferatu
Awesome! Can't wait to see it when it is finished. Great skill involved, love it.
By MooBoo
Amazing, i love the little details. Can't wait to see it finished. :D
By monstermash
Amazing pennywise. I'm in awe of people who can sculpt things like this, i'm hopeless at it. You're costume is going to look terrific, I can't wait to see it all put together.
By SuperSonic
I imagine that's fun to do. I wish I had the time to do such things! Good luck explaining that a werewolf hit you on the nose! :P

How long did this all take, to get to this stage in the creating process? How are you going to breathe and talk under all that plaster?
By Pennywise
SuperSonic wrote:I imagine that's fun to do. I wish I had the time to do such things! Good luck explaining that a werewolf hit you on the nose! :P

How long did this all take, to get to this stage in the creating process? How are you going to breathe and talk under all that plaster?
I'd say it took about three or four hours from the start to what you see here. :) This sculpture is going to be covered in plaster to get a mold of it and then I'm going to make a copy of it in latex. The latex mask is what I'll be wearing.
By sloaner
Great work. Wasn't sure what this thread was about when I saw the title but I am impressed with the sculpting you did there. Keep us updated on your progress.
By staticfurball
Looks great, I used that method in school and it was quite fun. I cant wait to see it after the paint job. :)