Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By chuckwagon
The choice has finally been made!! I have elected to go with the "Phantom" idea after recently having grown a great interest in the music from the Opera, and the heavy metal version of the title song by the Finnish band "Nightwish"... video link here:

It doesn't hurt, either, that Tarja is seriously the hottest female vocalist... EVER!
By Raven
Will you be going with the classic disfigured Phantom or the less disfigured rather gentleman looking Phantom from the 2004 movie? Either way, I'm excited to see the finished costume. I love the music from this, thanks for sharing that link!
By chuckwagon
Oh, I'm going with the more "gentleman" appearance for sure. Gonna get the half mask as well instead of the "Venetian" style. Like I said, though, I'm a bit hesitant to shave my beard off, but I'll make the sacrifice for my favorite holiday of the year! Ideally, I'd like to have a very similar look to Gerard Butler in the 2004 movie like you mentioned.

Glad you liked the vid... I love Nightwish! They are are a great power metal band. New lead singer doesn't have the same caliber voice as Tarja in this video, but the music is still awesome!
By nosferatu
Great video and great idea. Looking forward to seeing photos of the final ensemble.
By Kayo
if done right great costume. but i must say i work in musical theatre and concerts that video just smashed my two worlds together and its a little hard for ME to wrap my head around it but i can see how it would inspire you. maybe pipe organ music for what ever you have planned :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for linking that video. I've heard quite a few versions of the Phantom theme but none that rocks quite like that. It's really a great song.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the costume too. Seems you've decided to go with the classy phantom with half-mask, which is definitely iconic. While I don't often end up doing costumes like this myself, I sometimes have the urge to do so... it's nice to be able to get dressy, but still have a dark and mysterious edge.

There have been several interpretations of the Erik character, which could allow you some interesting leeway. From the attire, the design of the mask, and what may be found underneath (if you decide to have such a reveal be part of your presentation).