Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By SuperSonic
I seem to have an issue. Yes again.

But its not with WHO I am portraying, rather which VERSION.

I would like help from my friends here as to which Spider-Man I shall pull off this year.

The Original

Andrew Garfield

Which one do you guys like better? Which do you think I could pull off more?

I want YOUR oppinions before I buy my costume.
By pagemaster1993
I personally really like the Andrew Garfield version, but the classic comic one is great too.
By pagemaster1993
monstermash wrote:Just buy thousands of rubber spiders and sew the on to a morphsuit. You will literally be a spider man. :wink:
:lol: That would be very clever. Not to mention it would freak some people out.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
SuperSonic - your the Sonic the Hedgehog costume wasn't enough... we're going to get to see you in skin tight blue spandex again? Joy! :roll: :lol:

Both costume choices look good. If you loved the new movie and like that modern style, there's nothing wrong with that one. But the classic style is maybe more universal. One thing to think about... which one will look best in the lighting you'll be seen in (daylight or night activities)? And which do you think will photograph better?
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:SuperSonic - your the Sonic the Hedgehog costume wasn't enough... we're going to get to see you in skin tight blue spandex again? Joy! :roll: :lol:

Both costume choices look good. If you loved the new movie and like that modern style, there's nothing wrong with that one. But the classic style is maybe more universal. One thing to think about... which one will look best in the lighting you'll be seen in (daylight or night activities)? And which do you think will photograph better?

Nope! Obviously not! :P I'm not sure on that particulaer aspect, and a good one to think about. The lighting is huge in terms of how things will look, and I forgot about this. This will take some review.

*update* Upon review (simulated the darkness on photoshop) I shall buy the Classic Spidey, for the simple fact I want to get the costume out of the way. I would have bought the Andrew Garfield one (because it looks awesome), but I'm not waiting a month to get it since it's out of stock.
Last edited by SuperSonic on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
SuperSonic wrote:I shall buy the Classic Spidey, for the simple fact I want to get the costume out of the way. I would have bought the Andrew Garfield one (because it looks awesome), but I'm not waiting a month to get it since it's out of stock.
Well those are good reasons. Getting things out of the way is good... Halloween creeps up fast, you know! The Spidey suit from the new movie looks great, but it's pretty specific to just that movie. The good thing about getting the classic Spider-Man suit is that it will be more timeless. Years from now, you can wear it again and people won't say, "Oh that's the suit from that one movie with the Lizard."
By SuperSonic
I had thought about that as well. The fact that the classic version is much more re-usable, I can wear it to New York Comi-con and Fan Expo in years to come. Pretty good ideas if I do say so myself. I will post pics when I have it!