Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Does anyone have any experience with sculpting your own masks? Something you can actually wear. I think I can handle the sculpting part, but I need a base form on which to start molding.

To make sure it fits correctly, I think I'd need to make casting of my face. Someone once recommend Activa Rigid Wrap to me for this kind of thing. But I haven't tried it yet.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By taber
I've actually had very surprising results with the Activa Rigid Wrap product. There have been many attempts to duplicate it, but the original is never duplicated I always say.

The product is solid, I highly recommend the product.

Sincerely,
Taber
By sodajazz
if you made your own masks would you sell them through zombie pumkins.. :?:
you could make zp limited originals so you dont have to make loads :idea:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
So many good ideas. But I think the first task will have to be figuring out how to clone myself. Must create army of worker drone Ryans.
By sodajazz
Must create army of worker drone Ryans
as funny as that may sound .................
you may actually being creating a cult status.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
:twisted:
By GUS
zombiepumpkins wrote:Does anyone have any experience with sculpting your own masks? Something you can actually wear. I think I can handle the sculpting part, but I need a base form on which to start molding.

To make sure it fits correctly, I think I'd need to make casting of my face. Someone once recommend Activa Rigid Wrap to me for this kind of thing. But I haven't tried it yet.
For basic frames, see my other posts (only 3) one of which i've listed details of wireform & papiermache / plaster of paris type stuff available through AMACO or tootle down to your local craft store!
which may satisfy those wanting to plunge into masks & additions.
(not advertising)
By katieme
For a base that is closest to your face you can use soft foam( kinda like the stuff used to make matress pads but without the bumps) It cuts with scissors or exacto and you can then create you mask over the top of that. It is comfortable and eliminates the need for facial casting. In this tutorial she uses the stuff with the bumps.
By CombichristGirl
if u did make a facial casting, how long would the dry time take since u couldnt take it off til it at least set a little?