Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Liderc
Looking for some ideas for a costume for myself this Halloween, having a mental block. With all my preperation for decorating I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around an actual costume for myself.

Not Trick-or-Treating
20 yr old Male
Wanting something scary to wear while giving out candy, I'll do anything if it's an awesome idea.

Came to me while typing this, V for Vendetta Costume(Original right=P). Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
By Liderc
Went to halloween express today, and one word damn, their 'gold' original V costume although expensive at 159 dollars +19 dollars for the wig is amazing, its so authentic when I put it on and walked out the guy helping me said, "Holy s***."
By JenTheStrange
Post pictuuures!

I'd like to see a well done V costume.
By Dans banana Loafcake
I second that. Post pics please!!!

Dan
By JenTheStrange
That's actually pretty snazzy.

Maybe I can convince the entire neighborhood to dress up as V and we can go chisel "V" into the brick of our houses and whatnot! Make protests and demand the return of ice cream trucks!
By Liderc
So today I go in to get the deluxe V suit from my halloween shop in town, blank check in pocket, and I just couldn't see paying 170 bucks +20 bucks for the wig. I wanted to, and I could have, but I'm not even going to a party this year, I just wanted to scare the s*** out of kids lolz.
By Aylortay
I might...

...then again I have a crush on V. So it would just be to dress up like him and get a crush on myself.
By Liderc
I agree V is a very cool villian/hero and I like the fact that he's thought of as both. Most Villians don't have a purpose just scary, but V had a reason for who and what he was, i think thats why "we" gravitate to him.

Ya never know, I could wake up one morning and drive to the store buy the costume and wear it all day lmao, just didn't feel right today.

Wish you the best if you choose to go with the deluxe.
By Mister_JP
I'm sure the "stndard" V costume will be pretty good. Considering you will be lurking in shadows and whatnot. Nobody will be able to tell the thickness of the cape or whatever else is downgraded form the deluxe. Realistically, the only major parts to the costume are the mask, hat and wig. The rest could be easily rounded up from around the house. (with a bit of modifications)

Look into the technique Ryan did to make his PatchMaster mask, you may be able to do that yourself too.
By Liderc
Yeah I thought so as well JP, but I've watched the movie over and over studying the suit and its like a unique design. Very Asian in the type of suit thats under everything. No buttons in the front or zipper, the cape in the deluxe is rediculously awesome, when I felt the weight of it I wanted to buy it on the spot. Going to a movie, will follow up later.
By V4Vendetta
The standard version from Party City is only $50, it doesn't come with the wig or gloves, though. I just got mine. It's really awesome, but when I saw the mask, I was a bit disappointed that it was a yellowish-beige color :( . Just a warning. :twisted:
By Liderc
Yeah I noticed that too, but knowing a bit about film myself I remembered it probably was lighter on film than the actual one they used because of the massive amounts of lights used on film sets. Enjoy your V costume, I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.
By batty_grim
Aylortay wrote:I might...

...then again I have a crush on V. So it would just be to dress up like him and get a crush on myself.
haha, me too... me too
:lol: