Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Aylortay
What was your WORST halloween costume? I can't remember most from when I was a kid, but in recent years, my worst has to be when I attempted a "happy camper" costume. I bought a flannel shirt, hiking boots, etc. Then painted my face bright yellow with black eyes and a big black smile.

It was hot and the facepaint ended up melting so I just looked creepy, and no one understood... And when I told them what I was, mostly the reply was "...oh".

I have been scared to dress up since then. I am just not that creative. :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've never been a huge fan of those "concept costumes." Well, I suppose I've seen some decent ones over the years. But you know you could have done better when everyone has to ask, "What are you?" :P

Aylortay, if you want help coming up with cool costume ideas, you're in contact with the right people. :D
By Dadja
Haha, 2 years ago my neighbour had a crazy outfit. He came as an alien. He put on a green suit, painted himself completly green and 'landed' in our backyard in his space ship. It was pretty cool. He had put up candles from way back in our garden to create a place to land' And then 'landed' his ship in our green house. He just put a stroboscope and revolving colored disco light ball in it. So it was all flickering and shining, just like a ufo had just landed in it lmao

By GeologySage
Never really had a 'bad' costume... For several years at school I would only bloody up my face and nothing more... Hehe... one year I had a pulsating wound I could control from my pocket... that was fantastic lol.

Well, one early year back in grade school... I did go to school as a dead salesman... yeah... it did work though... was more of a... zombie in a cheap suit if you will.

I always though a good 'bad' costume would use some grape jam, petroleum jelly, and saran wrap... and one could dress up as a placenta...

Oh yes... I did just go there. :lol:
By Mister_JP
Way back in grade school I decided to be a pirate, but was never able to get good enough stuff. The actual costume looked nothing like a pirate, with the exception of an eye patch.

Another grade school bad one was the grim reaper. I had a dark blue robe, not black. The face paint was dark brown, not black, and the stuff I used for the white didn't work. I know I have a pic of that one somewhere, maybe I'll try and dig it up, it was horrible.
By Tkaraoke
I don't know if I'd consider it "bad" but a few years ago I got this together:

Skull mask (which covered my face except the mouth.....creepy!)
A long black and white hair wig
A headband
A pair of rose colored glasses (fakes)
A tie dye shirt
Shorts
A pair of sandals
A peace symbol around my neck

.....Can anybody guess what I went as?? Give up??

A Dead Greatful Dead Fan
By Black Mage
Here's some ideas from one of my favorite sites.

Behold! Future Guy!

Pop Sensation Lionel Richie.

Or how about Girls Gone Wild?
By GeologySage
I actually think the 'Girls Gone Wild!' one is pretty good.
By Tkaraoke
OMG! The GGW one is freeking hilarous! I'd do that one if my belly wasn't so big! :lol:
By Downright Creepy
I was a California Raisen once when I was little! :D

My friend's little brother dressed up in all white and put a big "E" on his chest. He was "E-Mail" or "E-Male"...what a horrible idea for a kid! :lol:
By Steve-o
I'd have to say that the worst possible idea I ever had for a costume was in college. I'd found this silver mask and decided to dress in black and spray painted some army boots and a vest silver. I suppose the theory was a "space guard" on a spaceship or something - don't really remember. Anyway - and here's the brilliant part - I thought it would look cool to have some gauntlets on my forearms, silver of course to go with the rest of the ensemble. Well, being poor college student I thought the best thing to do was to use . . . you guessed it . . . duct tape! Didn't think to put any protection between my skin and the tape . . . just taped away. You can imagine the torture later that night as I attempted to rip it off. My roommates laughed like crazy all night because they'd hear a stifled yelp ever time I yanked at a section.

Not smart . . . not smart at all. "I were a cauledge stoodent!" :D :roll:
By Tkaraoke
Steve-o wrote:You can imagine the torture later that night as I attempted to rip it off.
Holy crud! I just got the willies reading this horror story! Cripes!
I'm a big baby when it comes to bandages but that had to have really sucked. Just be thankfull it wasn't a duct tape swim trunks!
:D
By Pumpkin King
About 2-3 years ago I tried to be mummy with horrible results. I thought I will just wrap myself in toliet paper but it kept breaking all the time. A friend suggested some old bed sheets torn up, but the results weren't much better.

I also remember as a kid those old costumes with the plastic face masks where the never made the breathing hole big enough and the mask got all sweaty.
By sissy
my husband was the hulk one year when he was little. his mom died his hair green and it wouldn't wash out had school pictures the next day. still had green hair.
By Liderc
I'd have to say the worst and I guess the best costume ive seen is my step dads costume in like 95'. He dressed up as Wilson from Tim the toolman(Wilson is Tim Taylor's freaky neighbor if you didnt watch the show).

If you watched the show you would know that the producers made it so you would never see the bottom half of Wilson's face, either by covering it up with some odd object or the fence inbetween his and Tim's yard. So my step dad makes a 12inch wide 'Fence' with popsicle sticks and puts it in front of his face the entire night was pretty hilarious, but horrible all in the same.