Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Dans banana Loafcake
zombiepumpkins wrote:Just thought I'd chime in and say that the finished helmet looks amazing. And it even manages to contain that banana loafcake of yours. :lol:
Haha :lol: , only just man!

Well my parties this Saturday so I hope to have the photos of my finished costume on this hear forum for next Sunday/Monday. Its pretty much done now. I did use plastic sheets for the shin pads in the end, but used a much thinner brand which is held together with press studds. The only thing left to do is wax my arms legs and chest....... I'm scared! VERY SCARED!
:(

:o Dan
By Mister_JP
Body wax? Yowsa, that's a serious commitment to a costume.
By Liderc
Ouch, I'd go with Shaving instead, much less painfull lol.

uhhh not that I would know =x
By reignman40
I'm excited to see the final product. I grew up with Thundercats. Always been a big Mum-Ra fan. What you've posted so far looks really good. Anxious to see the rest.

Great job,
Curtis
By Dans banana Loafcake
Liderc wrote:Ouch, I'd go with Shaving instead, much less painfull lol.

uhhh not that I would know =x
I watched the 40 year old virgin last night and winced and the waxing part :cry: ! I've decided to use a product called Immac which is a cream that you apply and you leave it on for 5 minuets them wash off and it washes the hair off with it. Sounds painless, I just have to remember not to wash my head hair when I'm in the shower :shock: ! I'm loosing enough hair up there already! :lol: :oops:

Dan
By Tkaraoke
Hey Mr Loaf!

We're still waiting for the pictures of your completed costume!
:D
By Dans banana Loafcake
Tkaraoke wrote:Hey Mr Loaf!

We're still waiting for the pictures of your completed costume!
Patience Tkaraoke, The only photos available are on my friends digital camera and he said he was going to email some time at the start of the week, so either today or tommorow it will be posted. I must say though it was a good costume (big head swelling!), you'll just have to excuse the pot belly, love handles and moobs though when you do see it.
:oops:

Dan
By Tkaraoke
Moobs? Is that anything like "man boobs"? ROFL!

I'm sure it's going to look great! I wish I had taken a picture
of me in my cowboy garb and my inflatable horse.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Ok folks heres my Mumm ra costume:

The real problem with this costume was the body paint, it got everywhere ( me and Mr T just got body paint all over the house :lol: ). As you can see it started to rub off onto my lyon cloth and cape near the end. I took an hour and a half to put on but luckily I had the help of a loverly young lady dressed up as Rainbow bright.... only on halloween though! :lol: My favourite thing about the costume is the furry feet which was a last minuet addition and really makes it look like the original image I posted.

As you can see I wasn't wrong about Mumm ra enjoying his grog as you can plain ly see me in two of the photos with a beer in my hand, tut tut! :roll:

Dan
By Wedge
Look great dan. You put a lot of work into your costume and it paid off in the end.
By Mister_JP
I hear you about the body paint. That could get messy after a long night. I remember a few years back for my Hellboy costume I made my own Right Hand of Doom, but the paint wasn't dry for Halloween night. It had 3 days to dry, but I used some water-based "oil" paints I had leftover from my student days, and it took forever to dry. I still have red spots inside my truck!

Great costume execution, man!
By Tkaraoke
Man, you went through a lot to get that together and it shows. I wish I was that creative when it comes to costumes. Good job!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow Dan, you really did it. You clearly put a lot of work into that costume. A detail man. You didn't miss a thing. Well done.

Let me guess... next year you'll be doing a costume that doesn't involve full body paint coverage? Being the neat freak I am, I don't know if I'd be able to deal with that issue of the paint rubbing off. I don't think I've done a costume that involved any paint below the neck.

Anyway, enough of your Mummra... where are the photos of this supposed "loverly young Rainbow Bright" ? :P
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:Anyway, enough of your Mummra... where are the photos of this supposed "loverly young Rainbow Bright" ? :P
I was just going to say the same thing! ROFL!

One of my friends was going as Rainbow Bright (very sexy costume she got off the internet) and if it was half as hot as the one she had, it is worth seeing.

It was one of those kinds of outfits that if I was with her at the end of the night and alone I would have said, "Ahhh...don't take that costume off, if you don't mind"! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Perv, thy name is Tkaraoke!