Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Looks Amazing Ryan Great job
By Raven
Amazing as always Ryan! And I too am hoping to see that stencil next year.
By Ajax
These characters you make up could have movies made of them.
By blueikaos
In-freakin-credible!

From pumpkins to costumes- you really are so creative!
By maegnus
I don't know which is better: Your execution or your ideas!

This costume is an extremely unique idea, yet retains a classical Halloween feel to it.

Loving the creative aspect and am looking forward to seeing this pattern in the unique creations collection.
By The Captain
As awesome as I expected it to be! You are the king of costumes! "Hail Ryan King of Costumes!"
By SuperSonic
As good as it would ever be. Any chance of us seeing you with out the 'stache :P
By vibhandaka
Awesome costume! I love it how your costumes are really more of a theme than just a costume, because of all the extra touches you add. You have at least 100 days to rest now. :)
By zombombie
I'm very late to this party, but wow Ryan!! That's excellent :D

Glad to know that you wore those contacts two years running. I was thinking I might need coloured contacts for my costume this year, so its good to know I should be able to get another wear from them :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks Edinburghzombie. Yeah, when I got those novelty contacts, I had to go for an eye exam and order them through the eye doctor (since contact lenses are considered a medical device and require a prescription).

When I got them, I asked how long they would be good for. I was basically told... however long they last. They don't "go bad" so as long as I keep them in the solution, they won't dry out and I can keep on using them.

If they ever rip or feel weird in my eyes, I'd retire them. But until then, I'm doing my best to get my money's worth! :lol:
So this year it looks like we're going to a Halloween club night which has burlesque dancing and cabaret. I wasn't too sure what I could dress up as, but thought that some kind of "gentleman skeleton" might work. Suit plus top hat made me think of Baron Mojo. Hopefully I can get my skull face make up as good as yours ZP! Did you use a certain kind of face paint? It looks really solid and looks as though it lasted all night without rubbing or smudging.
zombombie wrote:Did you use a certain kind of face paint? It looks really solid and looks as though it lasted all night without rubbing or smudging.
Sounds like a great look for that event, zombombie. For my skeletal face painting I used white and black no-smudge cream face paint. I don't recall the brand name, but that doesn't matter much. I just remember that it was a "cream" not a "grease" or other variety. And it was advertised as "no smudge." Still, I'm always careful to not touch my face if I can help it, while wearing costume makeup. Oh, and the crisp edges are made with black liquid eye liner. That's a key trick, to getting the thin lines that trail off, and the lines around the teeth and such.
I was actually thinking of almost doing the inverse of your make up ZP! and using black highlights with a white face, but due to the beard, I think black will hide that better whereas the white won't. I'll put up progress shots etc as I go :)