Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Anyone have any suggestions good quality face paint for for a costume? Something that will coat evenly and stay put.

I'd like to do a better job that $0.99 tube of cream face paint you find in every store at this time of year.

Grease paint perhaps? Set with powder?

Also, any suggestions for how to paint nice sharp/crisp lines on the face are also welcome. I'm talking about a Halloween costume of course, but I'm not opposed to browsing the woman's cosmetic department if necessary. :kiss:
By GUS
ryan Snazaroo, will last for years! ..look on their UK based site.
I also sell paint pencils (face paint make-up) ..I have 1 left if you want me to pop em in the post (I'd have to find em as they're in my to be tried personal stash, from what we've sold they've been very fast & effective for this sort of thing, ..check out eberhard faber via google images)
Just about to do a re-order but that may cut it fine for your inevitable practise prior to the night session.
They're also good for pattern design, we tend to sell em to RPG'ers & those who work as duos for facepainting queues of children which speeds the process up somewhat.
By mesmark
What about something from these guys
http://www.graftobian.com/commerce/catalog.jsp

I looked at some other sites and they're just selling the Gaftobian stuff. So, might as well consult the source. They might be more expensive than their retail outlets. So, maybe if you see something there you'd like, then google for a better price.

For black lines we've used liquid eye liner. It worked awesome and stayed on just fine, even through sweat and light wiping with a towel. It comes in a few colors other than black - brown, purple and maybe green.
By paddy_babe
I agree liquid eye liner is good, you can get it in the paint brush type or a pen like one. both are fine and with a steady hand are good.

Your right mesmark you can get them in all sorts of colours, you can now get glittery ones and blue, green, silver (as well as the colours you stated).

ryan if your going for the pencil, I suggest Kohl. it comes out darker and more evenly (but pencils are likely to smudge more than liquid so let them dry!)

If you want because I have ALL these upstairs, I'll test them out (on my face rather than my eyelids lol) and let you know which is better?
By Raven
I agree with the liquid eyeliner. It stays put. You can get it in waterproof formula also, which is almost impossible to get off. If you want a non traditional color like red or green you can probably find them in Sephora which is probably in a mall near you. If not they are online.

I was having a problem with making my face pale for my vampire make up this year. The cream stuff didn't cover enough, the grease paint was to shiny. I finally found some mineral make up at Walmart. It's like a powder but with much better coverage. I used just a little to look pale but noticed the more I used the whiter it was getting. I put this over the grease paint. However on it's own it covers very well.

Eyeshadow works well too. I first used white eyeshadow but not having much of it I bought the mineral stuff. Cheaper eyeshadow usually doesn't cover well. I think putting it over grease paint will improve it's staying power.
By GUS
...Can we please have a separate thread for male moisturising & cleansing routines?

:oops: :lol:
By Hottie McNaughty
GUS wrote:...Can we please have a separate thread for male moisturising & cleansing routines?

:oops: :lol:
Are we suffering from some pesky skin troubles? :wink:
By GUS
No just find this thread that's spiralled into "wimmin's make-up" very funny, but apt for it's overall purpose.

& As a frequent visitor to cold climes like a bit of quality grooming product ..even down to my eyelids... :wink:
My face tends to fall apart in extreme cold (whose doesn't)
Overall ryan (without giving too much away, what do you wish to achieve, good theatrical slap / make-up lasts for years ..a while ago i got hold of £000's of Kanebo for a pittance from a buisness emigrating & closing down, & was AMAZED at how much it went for £80+ for face powder... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depending on what your after esp if its powder form it's how fine the powder is (obviously) ((milling))? ..so don't be afraid to spend out on base colours & only use them from time to time, we have around 20 colours ..sponges, applicator now that's what I'd invest in! ..a good handful!
By Hottie McNaughty
GUS wrote:No just find this thread that's spiralled into "wimmin's make-up" very funny, but apt for it's overall purpose.

& As a frequent visitor to cold climes like a bit of quality grooming product ..even down to my eyelids... :wink:
My face tends to fall apart in extreme cold (whose doesn't)
Overall ryan (without giving too much away, what do you wish to achieve, good theatrical slap / make-up lasts for years ..a while ago i got hold of £000's of Kanebo for a pittance from a buisness emigrating & closing down, & was AMAZED at how much it went for £80+ for face powder... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depending on what your after esp if its powder form it's how fine the powder is (obviously) ((milling))? ..so don't be afraid to spend out on base colours & only use them from time to time, we have around 20 colours ..sponges, applicator now that's what I'd invest in! ..a good handful!
Yeah, I was just messin' with ya little bit. I hear you about the shredded skin. Between all the false eyelashes, glitter lip stick and super heavy make up my skin can take a beating. Plus I work outside during the day so there's no substitute for good skin care!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm not too worried about which brands to use at the moment, just thinking about general types of makeup. For sharp lines that stay put, liquid eyeliner is indeed what I had in mind. I did use that once for a costume makeup application. I'll let you know how it turns out. Feel free to keep discussing makeup or moisturizing methods if you want. ;)
By SaneInsideInsanity
http://www.bennye.com/ Is also what i use when Ive done stage producing, makeup design or for my costumes...which are often. If you are looking for something less expensive cover girl eyeshadow and liners the waterproof ones always come out with strong colors which is nice. For application i actually use soft bristle artists brushes not makeup brushes typically. you can get some really good sharp angled ones that are great for lines, just check an art store. I always set with powder....side shot was taken at 4 am after working at the bar starting at 7 for 80's night....it's stayed put pretty well. :P
Another good trick is scotch tape is you want a line to end at a certain spot and be semantically line the tape horizontally across where you want the line to end and on the angle then using eyeliner or brushes make your line remove tape it comes out perfectly almost every time/.
By AmandaMzMetal
I use Urban Decay 24/7 liners for just about everything haha. They are sooo smooth and are completely waterproof. And, they have fantastic colors. :)

They're about $17....however Prestige makes liners VERY similar that are much cheaper :D