Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By SuperSonic
im gonna attempt to make Ecto Goggles by using very simple product although it will be less detailed

Welding goggles
Rubber/plastic plumbing tubes
Last edited by SuperSonic on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By SuperSonic
well for one i dont know where to get plastic water pipe
and two im trying to convince my dad to let me do it
By Dadja
Guess you can find plastic pipes in about any hardware store. Don't know which ones you have around, but I'm guessing home depot or something similar has them. They're cheap, you can get them in all sizes, and if they're not too think you might even be able to cut them to length with a Stanley knife...

Good luck with it!

I was actually planning on doing a ghostbuster outfit for carnival this year, so that page might come in handy... thanks ;)
By SuperSonic
No problem ive been a HUGE GB fan over the years and have always wanted to get in costume for it and this is my chance
By GUS
..what dadja said.

SS, welding goggles are dark, very dark! ..so when were you planning to go out & use em mid-day? ..otherwise forget it.

whatever you choose along that route, how about ripping apart a cheap led glow pattern toy (one of the squishy silicone variety) that gives off a nice light pattern, & attatch that to the side with a dab of silicone , press & it will phase
By mesmark
Also, while you're in the hardware store, take a look at some of the metal fixtures and shorter connectors (in the water pipe isle) There might be something there you could just wrap black electrical tape around to get the effect.

I used water pipes and black electrical tape to make a lightsaber handle. I added the piping to a small flash light. it looked pretty good actually.

By nosferatu
Those costumes are amazing. Out of this world
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good advice Mesmark. Listen to him Sonic, the force is strong with this one.
By paddy_babe
aww the lil one dressed up is so cute :D I cant wait till my lil man understands halloween (I think this year he'll be dressed up for photos then will probs protest! lol hes 2)

Sonic could use the welding goggles just not actually wear them on his face, he could put them on top of his head.... then they are part of the costume but not in the way (specially if you need the loo, wouldnt want to try and aim with those on :lol: )
By SuperSonic
paddy_babe wrote:Sonic could use the welding goggles just not actually wear them on his face, he could put them on top of his head....
That is the original idea just to kinda prop em on my head like this if you look at Ray Stantz that was my idea for them to make the effect but your ideas are great keep em coming

By SuperSonic
GUS wrote:..what dadja said.

SS, welding goggles are dark, very dark! ..so when were you planning to go out & use em mid-day? ..otherwise forget it.

whatever you choose along that route, how about ripping apart a cheap led glow pattern toy (one of the squishy silicone variety) that gives off a nice light pattern, & attatch that to the side with a dab of silicone , press & it will phase
to expand that idea i might remove the hinge that connects the one lense to the other to make it brighter if i choose to wear them
By GUS
Looks like the main component to build upon is an egg carton (the 6 egg variety, made of card)
By SuperSonic
Well, whatever road I choose to make these your suggestions are still welcomed im gonna see if i can get the items tonight
By paddy_babe
bottle tops could be used for the silver bits.... or an old camera lens?