Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By GUS
paddy_babe wrote:bottle tops could be used for the silver bits.... or an old camera lens?
Ever tried removing an old camera lens intact? ..old camera lenses tend to be worth a bit of £$ ..so don't wreck one without research they're "optic" lenses so pretty expensive to produce.

cheap plastic magnifiers from a dollar store yes..
By paddy_babe
GUS wrote:
paddy_babe wrote:bottle tops could be used for the silver bits.... or an old camera lens?
Ever tried removing an old camera lens intact? ..old camera lenses tend to be worth a bit of £$ ..so don't wreck one without research they're "optic" lenses so pretty expensive to produce.

cheap plastic magnifiers from a dollar store yes..
I was just saying if he had an old camera lying round then that would go with the 'look'. I cant say I've ever tried removing a old camera lens.... we have 2 really old cameras at our home, ones white and metal and ones the old box type that you pull door the whole front (hinged) to reveal the len (very victorian looking). I wouldnt touch the box type lol.
By SuperSonic
i wish i had an old camera lense

and yes S.A.M. I have seen those but i preferr home made remedies :D
By SuperSonic
The goggles are complete :D:D:D please share your thoughts

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow, great work SuperSonic! If I saw those sitting on a table somewhere, I would totally think Dr. Stantz had been there and accidentally left them behind.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Wonderful work Sonic. You made them look so authentic. You are defiantly going to be the cat's howl this Halloween with those.
By SuperSonic
i dont know if anyone notice the thriller album in the back ground in the first pic
By badgers
Those are excellent!! I wish I had that kind of talent.
By SuperSonic
badgers wrote:Those are excellent!! I wish I had that kind of talent.
Its really quite simple to make

I went to Lowes on the 13th and bought two 1/4" plumpbing pipes made of rubber both altogether cost about 7-14$ ( just a memo if your gonna build these try 1/8"for the black one rough base and then for the rough base of the grey pipe and make it go into and 3/8" if you can) then yesterday i went and bought the welding goggles for 16$ and used Krazy™ glue (super glue in the U.S., i dont know if they sell the Krazy™ brand down there) and just fastened them together
Last edited by SuperSonic on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
By SuperSonic
Mind you the best results for the goggles would be to (if its the Lincoln Electric™ brand) would be to carefully slide off the #5 lense so you're left with the clear lense for seeing normally
By paddy_babe
well done they look really cool! cant wait to see them and your full costume :D
By SuperSonic
Now THAT will be a sight :D. I'll leave you all in the dark for the time being. Like Ryan, I prefer to save it till im ready
By paddy_babe
SuperSonic wrote:Now THAT will be a sight :D. I'll leave you all in the dark for the time being. Like Ryan, I prefer to save it till im ready
Meanie!! :cry:

only joking :lol: still I cant wait.... havent even planned my costume! :?