Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By monstermash
for advice on what i should be this year for our halloween party.
I am a girl so a girly thing (by that i dont me fairy princess i mean not frankenstein!). I think it should be something scary but i cant for the life of me think of anything really cool or original.
Any suggestions would be fantastic!
By SaneInsideInsanity
Personaly Im thinking zombie duchess for myself, though i was kicking around zombie pinup or zombie flapper. (Graveyard theme to the yard ill be in a toe pincher :P )

Some other ideas that ive done or have pondered doing are
Be-head marie antoinette or anne boelyn
Ice Queen/ Faerie (Skin FX has a great frost bite kit that works like as dream and was easy to remove.)
Swan Princess (this involved a lot and i mean a lot of feather superglued on my face i know probally not smart i would make a mask next time)
Hot Chicks (my sister did this one with her friend they both dressed up in sexy chicken outfits)
Porcelin doll (my friend did this one she creeped the hell out of me shes really good at not blinking.)
7 deadly sins
Princess peach
Smurfette
masquerade dancer
I really could go on forever between halloween, raves, and theme bar nights which working at the bar it mandatory to dress up if you want more ideas let me know
and here's some ive found and thought darn thats cool
http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.co ... ume-2.html
http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.co ... me-13.html
http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.co ... stume.html
By badgers
I'm thinking a Zombie Vampire Clown would be a very cool, not to mention scary, thing to be.
By monstermash
Im loving the ideas. definately something with a zombie twist will be brill. The weird this is SII, i was thinking of a zombie flapper. Ive got some vintage dresses somewhere and a few old fake fur coats and vintage fox furs (real im afraid!) so a 20's-50's zombie woman is a real contender. I like the idea of the ice queen make up so pehaps i could tie that in somewhere. Keep the ideas coming and i will be sure to take some pics on the night. (if i dont break the lens :wink: )
By GUS
key word search prosthetics, a little can go a long way!

Woochie are very available in the uk! (& ebay) I've posted some links up, use search & you'll see...
By SuperSonic
the zombie is the most typical costume for something scary besides your stereotyped vampire, moster, witch ect as long as you do a good makeup job there should be no problem scaring people :twisted: :P
By nosferatu
I suppose it depends on budget and how much free time you have.

If you want a really cheap idea that adds a shed load of miasma you could try this. I am having a carving party a few days before Halloween but will use one room lit by paper bag luminaires. 25 paper blag bags cost about £2.50, a pad of tracing paper to glue on the inside and then some lights for inside.

I have lights that flicker, change colour and soon, strobe ( All available in the shop) otherwise try Poundstretcher. They have cheap battery operated lights that do a good job. The luminaires give off a surprising amount of light and are easy to do. Add some scary music and another few cheap props and you are ready to go. I have just ordered a fogger for a mist effect.

These were the first bunch I did last year, I have a lot more now, an awful lot more

By GUS
exactly, look at ryans costume from last year for example..

better quality pieces wear well, are often re-useable (as part of your collection of bits & bobs) ..eg his forehead draws you to look at the rest of him closer..

eg a good neck bite/slash fx prosthetic or similar speaks mounds about the rest of your costume which can then be more normal..
By monstermash
Nos thats so creepy, i just bought 25 bags for £3.50 off ebay the other day to do that exact thing!!
Gus i just had a quick look at woochie and their stuff looks great. Have you tried it before? does it really look that good in the flesh?
I've got to go to the dentist now but i will have a proper look at their site when i get back.
P.S my dentist is a bit like Ryans tooth fairy pattern so wish me luck!!!
By nosferatu
I was planning on buying one of these latex skin aprons but have changed tack. I was going to buy prosthetics to go with it but I think I'd need more time to perfect technique.Image
By nosferatu
Yeah, you would think they would make it out of real flesh for that cost :lol:
By SaneInsideInsanity
that is a very cool apron, i would never want to wear it though for risk or wrecking it
By monstermash
Ok i think ive decided what im going to be. Im going for a victorian zombie or forties zombie, one of the two. Im going to get some woochie prosthetics, A bid gash on my face and a broken arm. I think the Mrs Lovett wig is quite good for a victorian and im yet to get my costume figured out.
If i went for the forties look, my mum has some of her mums dresses from the 40's/50's and some great fur coats (fake of course). Ive got some fox furs somewhere that would go with the victorian style. Thanks for all your ideas!!! :D
Like the apron by the way, very silence of the lambs.
By SaneInsideInsanity
So you and i are between almost the same 2 lol 50's is my back up in case i don't find a better dress for mead evil in time though Victorian would be good too....could wear my Mrs lovettes dress but i don't want to destroy it hm mm, do i have time to sew another i wonder....