Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By nosferatu
That goes for me too. I'd like to see how it turns out. I'm sure it will be great
By SuperSonic
Well I'm supposed to get it by the 15th I can't wait 8)
By SuperSonic
Well I'm not worried about the jumpsuit as much as the proton pack aslong as the jumpsuit stays similar to either of those pics ill be fine but if the proton pack doesn't look great ill be a tad annoyed but ill still be happy with it :)
By nosferatu
Just think though, if you do decide to do woodwork at college, you could be making a lightweight wooden one for yourself next year.
Those plans would work just as well with MDF. If you develop your skills enough you could move into model and prop making.

Carpentry is a very undervalued skill. Given the number of ill fitting doors I have replaced in our various houses over the years, I speak from experience that it is always so much easier and cheaper to call a carpenter.

Anyway, at least you have a costume for Halloween. Great planning. I am torn but am erring towards an evil clown.
By SuperSonic
veryy good point or i can just save a huge load of $ and buy one :lol: but there are no measuerments on those schematics you retrived, ive seen them before and look very tantalizing the problem would be length height and depth other wise id gladly look into those
By SuperSonic
I GOT IT :D:D:D it doesnt look like the pic but it looks like the first link i showed you guys im not dissapointed in the results will post pics tommorow of the costume and it doesnt look bad for what i paid
By purple1worm
That's great!
By purple1worm
Nice! The proton pack looks cool!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You got the tools, you got the talent!

And you won't even get sore shoulders from carrying a heavy proton pack. I've heard the real ones were quite a burden for the back.
By SuperSonic
even if i dont wear it i still want one :)
By SuperSonic
FINALLY i found something thats exactly like what they used in the movie. here they are the Elbow pads what do you guys think
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Looks to be about the right style. I'm glad to see you've got good attention to detail. When I do a costume, I like to think about every last accessory.
By SuperSonic
and im very happy to say your not the only one :)