Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By CombichristGirl
when u guy buy a costume do u ?
a. run home and set to work customizing
b.just wear it the way it is
or
c. do u wear it as is this year and do something with it next year

also whats the average spending range u try to stay around?
thanks guys :)
By pumkin-lights
I always try and make my own costumes from what ever i can get
i did Mr .T once and had to but a chest wig and cut it down to make the mohawk for my head as for the price no idea as i alawys end up spending more than i should but then halloween is only once a year ( unfortunatly)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The prepackaged, store bought costumes would probably never work for me. I usually have such a clear vision in my head of what I want to be, and it usually takes a lot of customizing.

I usually plan out what I want to look like, then start working on finding all the parts to the costume. Of course, this has to be done weeks (or even months) ahead of time for me.

When I was Shaun of the Dead, I had to find a cricket bat and allow myself enough time to strip it, distress it, and repaint it. I wanted exactly the right tie, so I had to order it from Hong Kong.

When I was the Mad Hatter, I had to do some searching to find just the right coat (with tails) and hat. Ebay often proves to be a good resource if you give yourself enough time.

For the clothes I wear, Goodwill or Salvation Army usually are the places to hit. You can get just about any sort of clothing there, on the cheap. So you won't feel too guilty when you tear up a perfectly good coat and paint it with blood.

It's not unheard of for me to spend a couple hundred dollars on my costumes. But I look at it as part of my job, and I make sure I get a lot of use out of it. I save all the costume parts, so I can reuse and mix-and-match elements in the future. Or even dress up as the same character if it's appropriate for the event I'm attending.
By CombichristGirl
thanks for the tips that will help a lot in the money department :D
i havent dressed up since i was a kid cept for some face paint and witches hat last year but this year i wanna do some sort of zombie as i been working with liquid laytex
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, you can do some pretty great zombie makeups, even with the basic store bought makeups and liquid latex. If you're creative and artistic enough, you can pull off a lot, for fairly cheap.
By pumkin-lights
Have fun with the liquid latex that stuff is the dogs do da's
By nosferatu
I'm sure that, given your pumpkins / tatooesetc that whatever you come up with will be pretty amazing.

As for me?, well, bit of a let down really. I used to wear a blood stained boiler suit and mask but given that most trick or treaters seem to be under 8, it used to scare them witless. Yes, witless.

I do have a ringwraith costume that I made myself a couple of years ago which shrunk rather badly when washed. The last time I tried it on I got told that I looked like a monk :cry:

Next year, will be Full Metal Halloween for me and I will give it a real go. This year I will be more than content with the stars of the show, the pumpkins. They are all gutted and almost all have designs on them, I pray to God that Ryan doesn't unleash anything as spectacular as today's pattern...otherwise I will be up extremely late tommorrow as well.

Next year, we should all aim to have the same minion uniform, particularly as we all graduate from Zombie Pumpkin University on Friday.
By CombichristGirl
lol i cant wait for the grad party all that drinking all those knives and pumpkins in a room omg i think i need a smoke... :D