Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Lkrough2
I'm working on a costume of Black Annis for Faerie Con next weekend.

She is an old, blue hag. Sort of a boogey-man type of figure from folklore.

The main issue I'm having with the costume is that she only has one eye. I'd rather not use an eye-patch, since that would be uncomfortable and not quite scary enough for the look that I want.

I thought of trying to find a woochie appliance but am not having much luck locally (may not have time to order online).

Any thoughts on what I can do to cover up an eye? :wink:
By katieme
Go to a costume shop that sells theatre makeup. Get some putty(like a sticky clay) Stick awad over your eye. Glue it down with liquid latex. You will be stuck with your eye shut until you take it off. You might even want to put on a cotton patch first (under the putty to protect your eye. Cover over the top with skin tone makeup.
By CorpseBride
Another neat idea would be too get some of those colored contacts (black ones) from say Wal-mart or something (pretty cheap this time of year). And then just use a ton of black makeup around your eye. You would get the same eerie look and still have your vision.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
How about a very thin piece of flesh colored fabric over your eye? Something thin enough that you'd still be able to see through a bit. You can attach it with something like spirit gum or liquid latex, and hide the any edges with a bit of randomly applied fake blood, or other color to represent scarring.
By CorpseBride
Ooooh yes Ryan! Like cheesecloth or something! Really cheap stuff and you can see through it!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah yes, cheesecloth. That's the word I was looking for. Something like that might indeed do the trick.
By Lkrough2
Cheesecloth is brilliant.

I learned some things this weekend.

1. Using a cut out piece of skull cap & spirit gluing it around your eye is a BAD idea.

2. Using Ben Nye's lumiere paints without an airbrushing method is also a BAD idea.

3. Going to a party in a tightly cramped space with 450 other people dressed like faeries (wings, folks, lots & lots of wings) is a very good way to lose an eye FOR REALZ!

LOL, The costume wasn't all I hoped it would be, but I'll post a pic as soon as I download them.