Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By CorpseBride
I am going to be about 6 months pregnant by the time Halloween rolls around and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a great preggo halloween costume?

I have a couple ones I am playing with but they seem so overdone:

Pregnant Nun
Bun in the oven (attach a stove around your belly)

anybody got anything crazy fun?
By Kittie
Some ideas I stole from someone Else on the internet

1. Classic Jack-o-Lantern—paint your belly orange with a classic smiling face. You can wear ordinary street clothes, or overalls with a flannel shirt and a straw hat.

2. Fish-Bowl—paint a fish and some bubbles on your belly, then wear a light blue or white outfit.

3. Watermelon—paint stripes on your belly in 2 different shades of green to look like a watermelon, then dress like a farmer.

4. Bun in the Oven—paint a loaf of bread on your belly and dress like a chef.

5. Peek-a-Boo—if you know a really good artist, you could have them paint your belly to look like your baby is peeking out. Ordinary street clothes would work fine with this costume.

6. Crystal Ball—paint your belly white or light blue, and dress like a gypsy.

7. Pea Pod—paint your belly green, then wear all green and cut a vertical slit in your shirt to let your belly show through.

8. Basketball—paint your belly orange with black stripes, and dress like a basketball player.
By CorpseBride
I think the fish bowl idea is neat. But these almost seem you know....cheesy. I am a goblin, vampire, fallen angel, frankenstien, corpse kind of gal! :lol: I could have an alien coming out of my tummy....but i don't know about that one...that might be going a little too far! lol
By belli
There are these Hillbilly Honeymoon Bride & Groom Costumes that I thought were hilarious. They come in regular and plus sizes. I wanted my boyfriend and I to dress up like this last year but we ended up choosing costumes at the last minute.

Image Image

Image Image

The costume I used last year would work for a pregnant woman too. Here's a pic I found on-line:

Whatever you choose...have fun :D
By sissy
The year I was pregnant I dressed as a man with a beer gut.
By CorpseBride
Belli: I really like the hillbilly bride and groom that is hilarious! Thanks!

Sissy: Ha ha that is a great one too. I saw a pic of that on the net the other day, it is definately something to keep in mind.

A customer at work last night gave me a great idea too! I could go as an angel having the devil's baby! I love it! I have almost everything to be an angel (collected from over the years).....and all I would have to do is find a way to convey that it is the devils baby in there....maybe a tiny tail coming out from under my shirt or something....any ideas?
By Mrs. Tat
I did a costume a few years ago and I was not pregnant, but it could work with a pregnant person: I was an alien host. Basically I got a cheap sweatshirt a Wallmart and cut a criss cross in the middle. I also found an awesome looking alien doll that was bendable and posable. I attached him to my waist with a bungee cord (it was kinda tight and constricting though, so you would have to do something different) and set it up to look like he was bursting out of my stomach. I used red nailpolish to look like blood was dripping all around the opening. I think the thing that made it come out so good was the doll. It was really cool.
By CorpseBride
I was thinking about that one for awhile...but I'm not so sure anymore. I was concerned about attaching the alien fetus! :lol: I do not want to restrict myself in any way....i could always sew it to a shirt....hmmmm.......

c'mon peeps! fill me up with ideas.....please? :lol:
By CorpseBride
*cough....cough*......*BUMP......*cough cough*
By badgers
I like the angel having a devil baby. You can wear devil horns on your head, under your halo if you have one, and attach a devils tail to the back of your angel costume.

Oh I forgot to add....you can also get one of those snap and glow lights that come in red and put that under the front of your costume. Hopefully, if bright enough (youmay need more than one, it will give off a red glow to your belly under your Angel costume.

OK, this might be going too far, but thought of this to add as well. How about (dressed as the pegnant devil Angel) handing out small packages of (whatelse) pumpkin seeds, with them labeled as "the devil's seed". I think you can even get seeds that are spicy hot (I know they do that to sunflower seeds).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good suggestions Badgers. I sorta liked the devil baby idea. Some people might think that's offensive, but done in a cute way... hell, it's fun. And coming from your womb, I'm sure your child will have your same twisted sense of humor. If your shirt is open and flowy at the bottom, I can totally picture a little devil's tail hanging out and the red glow of a red LED or glow stick light. :twisted:
By belli
Saw a Devil/Angel costume on-line. Not sure how much you'll be showing at 6 months but this gives an idea of what you can put together on your own and incorporate some of Badgers ideas.

Also, not sure how long a glow stick will last but there are these LED lights that I found last year at Target, I think.

By CorpseBride
I think I am going to need something with some length...I am just over 4 months now and I look like I am about 5 months...so my projection is that I will look 7 months when I am only 6. :lol:

Badger: That is exactly what I was thinking for the costume! Great! But I never thought of the glowstick idea....I love it.

Ryan: Yeah I don't really want to offend anyone either...but hey...just because I am pregnant doesn't mean I change who I am. I am a lover of halloween and that is all there is to it! If they find it offensive...so be it I guess, anyone who knows me knows that my intentions are good.

Thanks so much everyone! This could turn into a great costume!!
By belli
CorpseBride wrote:I think I am going to need something with some length...
How about this...

Skirt is way longer than the other photo. Probably wouldn't be too hard to make it yourself, then again, the costume isn't very expensive if you buy it on-line, $40.
By CorpseBride
Much better! But I think I am going to go for an all white angel outfit...with a red glowstick in my belly. And perhaps just some horns and a tail sticking out......since I am fairly newly preggo I think the Devil bits should be just starting to sprout! :lol: