Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
What was your first ever Halloween costume? Do you remember? Share your recollections and post a photo if you have one.

I was about 10 months old when I was dressed a clown in my first costume. My crafty (and budget-minded) mom put this together by sewing fabric polka-dots and fluffy pompoms all over my my red pajamas and hat. Finished it off with a painted red nose and an ruffled collar.... and I was ready to terrorize the neighborhood with cuteness.

It's tough to see in the photo (orange on red) but there's a jack 'o lantern sewn onto the front of my clown suit. Decades before started designing my own sewn patches and clothing with pumpkins on the chest, I was wearing one as a baby.

Your turn. What was your first costume?
Great thread, Ryan. You were very cute! I never had the chance to dress up for Halloween when I was a kid, but here's my first when I was about 18. Sorry about the bad quality of the photo. It was many years ago and has faded. Me and my sis as sort of zombie clowns..

Not a Halloween costume but sort of related, few years earlier in a school production, I played Ichabod Crane..

I made this costume.
By nosferatu
Like Geordiekin, never dressed up as a child. Halloween always plays a secondary role to Bonfire Night (November 5th) and I would say its only been in the past fifteen years or so at lots of children have dressed up.

Cool that your mum made your costume Ryan, they are the best kind. Is that how you plan to dress this year? :shock: Likewise Geordiekin, that Ichabod costume looks great! The fact you made it yourself is fantastic. Do you still fit in it? :D
I can remember what it was, but I have no pictures I can find. I was a mini skeleton. I then had a Digimon costume around the age of 10. That was used until my mid teens. I then went out as Mario of the Mario Bros. And now I make my own/buy my own costumes for Halloween.

My entire lifes worth of costumes.
My very first costume that I wore to go trick-or-treating in was a homemade Halloween Hobo get-up of baggy and over-sized clothes that my brother gave me, and a really old cattle rancher style hat with a flat top (like Eastwood wore in "the good, the bad, and the ugly")... my mom took a lump of charcoal and dirtied up my face a bit with it, and let me carry around a really old corn cob pipe that belonged to my great grandfather. I used my dads old leather boots with laces loose and untied, and the finishing touch was a cardboard sign around my neck that said "will work for candy". I'm sure my mom has pictures in an album somewhere! I think i was around 6ish maybe? My parents wouldn't let me go t.o.ting before because they were sooooo against me getting sick on sweets... so I always ended up raiding the stash the kept for other kids that would come by and got sick anyway, LOL
By GeordieKin
Likewise Geordiekin, that Ichabod costume looks great! The fact you made it yourself is fantastic. Do you still fit in it?
Thanks, Nosferatu. No I certainly wouldn't fit in it! I,, er,, grew a bit since then. I have to say, it was a very tame production of the story.
By Lala
I was only 1 month old at my First Halloween so Mom didn't dress me up, but for my second Halloween I was an Indian! (Native American). I will have to see if I can find a photo.
I'm sure ive shown some before of me as a nipper in halloween costumes. I came across a few older ones of my mum and dad etc that are brilliant, i'll post a few if I find them. I love seeing the old costume pics from people they're usually home made costumes which always look better and I like seeing the old decor of decades past in the background. Theres plenty of scary wallpaper and carpets in our photo albums let me tell you!
By Raven
I was only 7 days old on my first Halloween, so I doubt I had a costume. Now that I think about it after seeing this thread I can't remember ever seeing any pictures of me in costume as a kid. I know I dressed up, but apparently the 'rents didn't take any pictures. :cry: