Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
Anyone want to share their costume ideas for this year?

Usually by now I have it all planned, but I'm a little stuck this year. Last year I was sure I was going as a broken doll, but now I'm thinking I'd like to be a Zombie since I've never done that either. I like to do things that involve a lot of face makeup and I really don't like to spend a lot on the clothing part of the costume. Zombie is pretty easy since I can just bloody and rip up some old clothes. I already feel like I'm running out of time!

I know Ryan won't share, and Sonic has posted his idea already. What is everyone else thinking?
I can tell you from experience, it's possible to pull off a decent costume even when you're under a time crunch. :lol: Of course, that's not the ideal way. The sooner you can plan and start to execute, the better. The ideas you mentioned sound good to me!

You're right Ravens, I probably wouldn't reveal my costume plans yet. If I had it planned, that is. I haven't started or even chosen a costume idea yet. I have a couple ideas kicking around in my brain, but anything could happen between now and then.

Looking forward to hearing what the rest of your have planned!
Because I didn't get to dress up last year, I'm planning on doing my Phantom Of The Opera costume this year for sure. Not the distorted Lon Cheney Phantom, but the Gentlemanly Gerard Butler version from the movie/ musical. The really great thing about it is that my oldest daughter is only 4 years old and she is head over heels in love with that specific movie that has Emmy Rossum in the role of Christine Daae. I bought her a gorgeous little princess dress that could double for a ball gown or opera gown from the Rennassaince Festival last fall after Halloween, so when I take her out for trick-or-treating she is going to play the role of Miss Christine Daae, and I will play the the one and only Opera Ghost himself!!! I might even sing a little bit, lol.
I have two planned, but am not saying until I unveil them. One is for when I hand out candy on Trick-Or-Treat night. Which by the way lands on Halloween this year (for those who don't remember I live in a town where Halloween and Trick-Or-Treat are on two different days). The other is for a friends party that I will hopefully be attending depending if I have work or not.
Ravens, have you seen my post here? If you haven't, take a look. I've been making my costume for the past year almost. Its close to being done as well.

I will post pics there soon. I just want it to look more complete before I do.
Last edited by SuperSonic on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was getting really nervous because I just didn't have any idea in mind. Then I watched 101 Dalmatians and decided I may want to be Cruella De Vil. One, because I love her, and two because she isn't that popular right now so I wouldn't be running into other Cruella's. We might fight each other for having the same hair or something. :P

However I still have being a zombie in mind. With shows like The Walking Dead and movies like Warm Bodies I expect there will be a few zombies shuffling around. Still, it would be a really easy costume to throw together, although I'm not missing any accessories really to be Cruella, except I'm not going to walk around in a long white fur coat.

Then as Hottie and I were just discussing I could go for Zombie Cruella De Vil. That would be something unique..

At least I have ideas in mind.
Last edited by Raven on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RavensDestiny wrote:
Then as Hottie and I were just discussing I could go for Zombie Cruella Deville. That would be something unique..
As I was reading your post that is exactly what I was thinnking. Maybe a few dog bites here and there that have turned you rabid. I think of all character zombie combinations Cruella Deville would be one of the most glamourous and devilish. She was scary alive, image her dead!!! :twisted: I'd be very tempted to go down that route. A white fur coat with blood soaked edges would be gruesome!
I have specific makeup ideas in mind for both Cruella and a zombie. I might do practice runs with both characters then try and think of a way to combine the two.

monstermash wrote: A white fur coat with blood soaked edges would be gruesome!
The issue I have with wearing a fur coat is the fact that where I live it is still quite warm on Halloween. We usually walk a mile loop in a neighborhood while ToTing with my niece and nephews. I wore a thin velvet cape one year and just about died in it, so I don't think a fur coat is going to work. I know the white fur coat is Cruella's thing though. I do have a black dress, long red gloves and a black and white feather boa which I was thinking of using in place of the coat. I even have a long cigarette holder. :P
HubbyMan and I will be going as Riff-Raff and Magenta for our Halloween Party

I played around with a Kermit/Miss Piggy idea for a few days, but I really want the RHPS costumes!
I have no idea, it sounds bad but I might just revive one of my costumes... in July I threw a birthday party for my friend who wanted Death themed (awesome I know!!) so I had a ripped up zombie-ish costume (totally last minute, I was busy doing the drinks and house lol) and I have a Vampire themed party on the 12th to do for another friends birthday.... plus I have dead pirate in the drawer upstairs so might do something with that.... I would LOVE to do full day of the dead face paint, that would be awesome :D