Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By mesmark
I have another thread in the props and display forum with some photos, but here are a few more pictures and new photos of my family's costumes this year.

Here is the shot of the 'mad' sushi chef and his sushi

Here's another shot where I got down so we could get a closer shot of the sushi

My wife was tuna, my son a cucumber roll, and my daughters were shrimp, egg and salmon roe. They each chose which sushi they would be and my wife decided that it was important to have either a salmon or tuna piece. It was fun and sometimes when I show the picture, people don't realize that the pieces are people :D

We do have a hand-rolled version where all the sushi comes together.

But, wait there's more. We also decided that a good place to take a picture was ... a sushi parlor

and outside

The sign on the door says, 'Irashaimase!' which means welcome and that's what they all scream as a new customer walks in. During our party I was screaming it all the time.
By monstermash
Ha! I saw that first pic on your other thread and had no idea that your wife and kids were the sushi! Now the penny has well and truley dropped I think its genious. And going to a sushi parlour to take a picture is just brilliant. You always have great costume ideas that incorporate your whole family. I bet your already thinking about what to be next year.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Delicious. And very very clever. You must have gotten a lot of attention and compliments! What a group effort. And lucky you, Mark, being able to stay on your feet all the time. Did the rest of the family get tired of crouching down into their sushi poses? What good sports they must be! And to go to the sushi parlor too, for more pics... genius. You have my respect for the effort, and kudos to the wife for the costume crafting. You have a very talented family.
By SuperSonic
I'd have loved to see this up close! Quite unique and tasty. All this talk of food makes me hungry. Could you make me some sushi please? I'd also like some soy sauce on the side :)

I love this idea, the group themes you do every year are just astounding. Can't wait to see what you cook up next year!
By Raven
I look forward to seeing your costumes each year as much as I look forward to seeing what Ryan comes up with. You both are so creative and your costumes are always outstanding. I love all the sushi pieces, and like Sonic, I'm hungry now. :P