Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
I had dinner at Planet Hollywood in New York City this past week. The service and food were good, but the draw for me was to check out the movie memorabilia. Of course, it's a restaurant, not a walk-through museum. So it's slightly tricky to walk around or snap photos, without disturbing other diners. But thankfully it wasn't too crowded, so I got to look at most of the stuff.

The movie props and costumes range from the awesomely iconic to the mundanely unrecognizable. All genres are covered, with movies like Die Hard, Forrest Gump, Titanic, Rocky, Austin Powers, and plenty more. They had the car from Wayne's World hanging above a table (I'd be afraid to sit under that), the giant piano from Big and Mr. Spock's ears from Star Trek.

But to stay on topic, I'm sharing photos of just the stuff that would most relate to you Halloween fans. Here are some photos...

A predator mask from Predator 2:

A display case of props from several Harvey Keitel movies. I immediately recognized his shotgun/bat in crucifix orientation, ready to repel vampires in From Dusk Til Dawn:

Pinhead's costume from the Hellraiser movie (well, one of them, I guess):

The shrunken head guy from the end of Beetlejuice. Love this character:

With the above costumes, I'm guessing the clothing, rather than the other parts, is what was seen in the movies. Although, they also had a Darth Vader and a Chewbacca costume, which were described as "replicas" on the sign. So I'm not sure if everything I was seeing in Planet Hollywood was a genuine, screen-used prop or some facsimile.

More awesome items from Beetlejuice - Barbara and Adam Maitland's scary stretched-out faces. I've always liked that moment in the movie, the designs are so bizarre. I'd love to have those hanging on my wall:

More Tim Burton stuff, the old age makeup from Edward Scissorhands, used on Winona Ryder I presume:

I'm not sure where or how this item was used in the filmmaking process but... it's Freddy!

They even had Freddy popping out of the TV from part 3. "Welcome to prime time..."

And another assortment of monster stuff. A couple variations of Frankenstein's monster, Steve Martin's head from Little Shop of Horrors, and a Mangalore from The Fifth Element.

For some reason, most of the horror related items were all in one case, and not really in the main dining area. I wonder why.... is Freddy's burned face not appetizing to look at while eating dinner? Well, thankfully I had to pee, otherwise I might have missed these items which were all tucked away in the back, near the bathrooms.

I've also been to Planet Hollywood in Orlando Florida, although that trip was 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly how it compares. I wouldn't expect to find the same memorabilia still there in Florida today. But just for fun, here are a few bonus pics from the Florida Planet Hollywood:

The Beetlejuice faces again. Were these exact props moved to NYC since then? Or are these duplicates that are still in Florida too?

Another (or the same) Predator mask. This time with fake eyes inside. "One ugly mutha....."

A stick figure from The Blair Witch Project. I have to assume that a ton of these were made.

And finally, the one prop I was most tempted to steal. Seriously, I had to hold myself back from breaking open the case and running off with this. The Town Hall from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

By pagemaster1993
I would have also did my best to restrain from stealing town hall. Really have to go to New York. I guess I will make the journey there someday.
By staticfurball
I'd love to get my hands on that as well, not to mention that bust of the predator!
By SuperSonic
It seems we ALL want that Town Hall. Maybe me and Ryan will get a Planet Hollywood Heist going.

Then we would have to decide who actually gets it....

Anyway, these are amazing props/replicas or whaterver many/all of them are.

Who knows what I might get my hands on now a days :roll:
By ghostface
I think I just died and went to heaven.... I am a HUGE Tim Burton fanatic these replicas & costumes & masks are just plain amazing!
By staticfurball
Yah I'd love to have the Predator mask in my living room!
By Kayo
Ryan i worry for you you said the "B" name more than three times. :lol: those are some cool props they got there