Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
By balsak40
The punks.. What was the 26 year old doing with them?
By Tkaraoke
Man, I can't believe these people don't understand they can kill someone doing something like that! A few years ago, some jackass threw a cinderblock over a bypass and killed some poor motorist passing underneath it. I can't believe people are that dumb and I guess they need to be put away so their ignorance can't hurt others.
By Liderc
Wow, you do have to wonder about what a person is thinking throwing a 10lb object over a bridge. I have a younger brother, he's 12 now and some things he does/says just boggle my mind, it's like we have a new generation of crazies. Personally I think it's the over usage of medications in younger children to correct so called "disorders", resulting in problems later in life. Just my 2 cents.
By Tkaraoke
Not to totally get off the subject of pumpkins but I'd also have to also point at the extremely violent society (media) that this generation of children have grown up in. For example...back in the days when I was a kid, the most violent video game action was making the girders disappear underneath Donkey Kong's feet so he would come crashing down on his head...these days the video games encourage you to punish your opponent with no remorse and no mercy. When I first saw this with Mortal Kombat (original game) I was horrified and knew it would lead to things like the games we have today. Sure, these games are not meant for children but I guarantee there are tons of them out there playing them. I'm not blaming all of society's faults on video games but I'm just using that as just one example how violence is deemed "ok" and even rewarding (higher points) in the minds of some kids.
By Kittie
Tkaraoke wrote:Not to totally get off the subject of pumpkins but I'd also have to also point at the extremely violent society (media) that this generation of children have grown up in. For example...back in the days when I was a kid, the most violent video game action was making the girders disappear underneath Donkey Kong's feet so he would come crashing down on his head...these days the video games encourage you to punish your opponent with no remorse and no mercy. When I first saw this with Mortal Kombat (original game) I was horrified and knew it would lead to things like the games we have today. Sure, these games are not meant for children but I guarantee there are tons of them out there playing them. I'm not blaming all of society's faults on video games but I'm just using that as just one example how violence is deemed "ok" and even rewarding (higher points) in the minds of some kids.
Video games don't cause people to be idiots. There were idiots before video games. And there were lots of them. I doubt Lee Harvey Oswald played video games. I don't think Hitler played them either.

Don't blame TV, Don't blame the Media, Don't Blame Video Games, Don't blame society. That is the problem. Everyone wants to lay blame on something else. The only blame that should be laid is on the parents of the children who do these things. Parents must teach their kids that TV is fake and so are video games. Parents must instill a sense of respect into their children (So STOP DRESSING UP LITTLE GIRLS LIKE LITTLE HOOKERS!!!).

Violence is not deemed as okay. Parents need to teach their children that it's not okay. That is what the problem is.

I wonder what the GPA of these kids were. I wonder if they were from one parent families? I wonder if they held jobs or anything like that?
By Pumpkingrower
All Hail Kittie.. well said. My wife and I agree wholeheartedly! minus the GPA stuff 8) I am smart just don't have the will power to study. 8) god bless honesty!

woo woo on Steve McQueen my two year old will fill his diaper (again) when he sees this one.
By Tkaraoke
I totally agree with you, Kittie. Moronic is as moronic does and the first line of defense is always (and should always be) the parents to guide the kids and to re-enforce what is right and what is wrong. However, to think that watching violent images over and over again (via media/movies/games/the nightly news) doesn't affect people (especially young, impressionable minds) then I'd have to say that's just wrong...but we can always agree to disagree!
:D

BTW: Speaking of "little hookers", I think they should change the BRATZ toy line for girls to that name.
By Kittie
Tkaraoke wrote: BTW: Speaking of "little hookers", I think they should change the BRATZ toy line for girls to that name.
That is something we both agree on. Those dolls are just horrible! That, and the Slut wear for kids. The sweat pants that say Juicy on the rear. When a 13 year old girl wears those, her parents should be beaten with a stick.

I have played violent video games and watched violent tv all my life, and I am just fine!

*Runs off to grab a stick and beat the piss out of sister-in-law who dresses kids in SLUT WEAR!*

:P
By Tkaraoke
Kittie wrote:That, and the Slut wear for kids. The sweat pants that say Juicy on the rear. When a 13 year old girl wears those, her parents should be beaten with a stick.
I saw a girl (a year younger or older) wearing sweat pants with the word "PINK" across the backside and I had to do a double take. I mean, the only reason words are there are for someone to focus on them to read. Maybe we should both go looking for sticks? LOL
By Dans banana Loafcake
I also have to say that Jackass is also a bad example for kids. I know in the UK the move is rated 18 (R) but kids could quite easily watch it and think its funny to play dangerous stunts, which sometimes involve other people.

These people though in that article are really of an age were they have no excuses ( not that kids doing that have). They are old enough to know better and to know that people could seriously get hurt or die from their actions.

Anyway, pumpkins........ :D

Dan
By Tkaraoke
You'd be lead to believe that COMMON SENSE is a rare commodity nowadays! Yeesh!

Oh yeah! Pumpkins rule! :D
By Pumpkingrower
Pumpkingrower wrote: On a better note the local Pumpkin Extravganza starts on the 13th of October. What a Great Day.

See this link. I can't wait to see the look on my kids faces.
http://pawsox.com/events/jack-o-lantern/
I got a chance to visit this collection of "professionally" carved pumpkins and was quite impress I have posted a few favs the rest can be found at my section of photobucket.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/P ... he%20Kids/

Another entry for the shirt gallery... 8)