Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
By zombombie
The wife and I went here while we were in New York, it's only really just opened - http://timesscarenyc.com/index.html

We saw Dan Sperry, a pretty cool magician, and when he heard we were there on honeymoon he even signed a poster for us and did some close up magic :)

But the high point for me was the Halloween haunted house walk through. Michael Myers stalks you, body bags hang from the ceiling that you have to push your way through, undead nurses torture patients, and clown heads hang down and watch you...

Seriously, I freaking loved it! If you're in New York, go visit! I loved it :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds great! I'll keep this place in mind for the next time I'm passing through NYC.

While you were in town, did you happen to visit the Jekyll and Hyde Club or the Jekyll and Hyde Pub? Apparently there are two locations of this horror restaurant, which features spooky themed dishes and live actors to entertain.

There's also another pub called The Slaughtered Lamb (bonus points to the werewolf fans that know that film reference). Seems like a good place to stop for a pint when you want to get off the moors.
By zombombie
I passed the Slaughtered Lamb but unfortunately kind of forgot where it was, then forgot about it, and never got back :( I never knew about The Jekyll & Hyde bars, which is a damn shame as we have our own Jekyll & Hyde pub here in Edinburgh (with the bathroom hidden behind a bookcase no less). It would have been nice to compare!

I'll check these places out next time I go... and there will be a next time! Want to do more of the States next time though, love the place and I want to explore!
By sloaner
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: While you were in town, did you happen to visit the Jekyll and Hyde Club or the Jekyll and Hyde Pub? Apparently there are two locations of this horror restaurant, which features spooky themed dishes and live actors to entertain.
I just looked at their menu. I think I know why Ryan likes this place

Pumpkin Tortellini: Fresh pumpkin tortellini in a creamy parmasean sauce $19.95
By Batgirl
There used to be a Jekyll & Hyde near me. Loved that place. They had a mounted werewolf head that would interact with people. We got to the point where they would have us join the live show. Good times.

And now that I know there's a Slaughtered Lamb in NYC, I have to go back!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
sloaner wrote:I just looked at their menu. I think I know why Ryan likes this place

Pumpkin Tortellini: Fresh pumpkin tortellini in a creamy parmasean sauce $19.95
Oh yeah, I'd certainly give that a try.