Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
Has anyone been to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney World before? Last week my wife and I were in Florida and went to the party on Thursday night (October 6th). We went all over Disney World during the week we were there, but the most fun I had was the night of the Halloween party.

Special events include Mickey's "Boo to You" Halloween Parade, the Villain's Dance Mix & Mingle, a Happy HalloWishes fireworks show, Character Dance Parties, and Trick-or-Treating. The parade was cool, and the fireworks show used songs like "This Is Halloween," but the best part was the Villain's Dance Mix & Mingle. About once every hour, a few Disney villains put on a show on the stage in front of Cinderella's castle, and for a very short amount of time after, you could get pictures and autographs. We watched the show three out of the four times they performed and met five of the seven villains in the show.

The Character Dance Parties were pretty funny... We walked into one, where Woody from Toy Story was dancing in the middle of a room with a bunch of kids while their parents stood and watched. There was also a DJ dressed as a cowboy. Unlike the fireworks and stage show, the dance parties were pretty much just for the kids.

Trick-or-Treating was pretty awesome, too. At a bunch of locations in the park, there were huge buckets full of candy. The employees were totally fine with adults coming up to get treats, too. Each time we got at least a handful, so we had a pretty good haul by the end of the night. If I went door-to-door at home asking for treats, I would certainly be turned away from a number of houses. At Disney World, though, you're never too old to Trick-or-Treat (as long as you wear a costume).

So, anybody else a fan of Disney's Halloween party? This was the first time I've ever been, but I'm definitely planning to return someday. It was too much fun to only do once.

I'm going to try to do a long article about the whole trip, so when I do I'll be sure to come back and post a link.
By Chewy
Not sure about Disney World's version, but... we went to Disneyland's version night before last. Our 8 year old had a blast.

Will write a little more & post some pics from Disneyland / Universal when time permits. little busy right now...