Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
Hi Guys!

I am sure everyone is busy gearing up for Halloween 2009 and some are already working professional haunts.

I haven't posted here in awhile and hope everyone is doing well!

We have a Home Haunt in Norwalk, CT and this will be our 5th year running. We add new scenes every year (last year was Dr. Demento's Lab and the Creepy Cornfields) with 10 Volunteers (friends and family) and 700 visitors. This year we added the "Undead Playground" and have 14 volunteers. The haunt is comprised of our front lawn (a graveyard) and the back yard (which is a Trail of Terror). The Trail of Terror consists of 8 scenes each with an actor and static props and some also have the addition of pneumatic props with the actors, so there is 1 startling effect at each scene and some have 2. It takes about 10 mins. to go through the trail, so this isn't a professional haunt. We like to have this for the kids in the neighborhood, and they look forward to it every year seeing us starting to set up!

Here is a video clip of the 2008 Halloween News Coverage from News12 Connecticut of our Haunt:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1932&hl=en#

I tried to post some pictures of the Haunt here, but they seem to be cut in 1/2. So, I only posted these 2 below (and then added the Well my husband made for our 2007 Haunt. It was placed in our graveyard in the front yard and I dressed like Samara from the movie "The Ring" and I climbed out of it when people walked up the path through the cemetery:

By shutterbug
If you click on the foto it will come up full size.Good clip from last year...