Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
By zombombie
So a couple of friend and my wife and I went down to London at the weekend to check out the London Film & Comic Con, and it was great! I saw George A Romero! Yes, THE George Romero! Unfortunately that was the second day and he was a little above my budget at that point.

The con covered, as I'm sure you've guessed, film and comics, though it had a lot of TV, manga, anime and video game stuff too. I don't have all of the pictures that I took off of my camera yet, but I thought I'd show you guys what I scored when there :)

I added all of these guys to my Funko Pop collection!

I added these guys to my Alien collection.

The xenomorph from Alien

And this new recruit to the Colonial Marines!

There's a nice story behind Sergeant Craig Windrix - he's a real man. His brother Kyle works for Neca as a toy sculptor and when Craig was diagnosed with cancer they turned him into a member of the USCM, ready to fight anything!

I also picked up this retro throwback inspired xenomorph from Funko & Super 7.

I was really happy to spot this guy so he could go along beside my 8bit Jason Voorhees!

I also picked up these 2 Grant Perkins art prints at the con.

Last Exit to Nowhere were at the con so I had to pick up their amazing Lost Boys inspired Santa Carla shirt!

Embarrassingly enough, the owner of LEtN recognised me as he follows me on Instagram on Twitter... We had a nice little chat! He's a top bloke and if you can, I really recommend checking out their site and picking up a shirt!

And lastly I even got a couple of autographs from 2 stars of 2 of my all time favourite movies (the toys should give you a hint as to what they are...) :D

The amazing Slavitza Jovan who played Gozer in Ghostbusters!!

And Michael Biehn who played Hicks in Aliens (as well as Kyle Reese in Terminator - amog other roles!)

He signed it "stay frosty!" Amazing!

Meeting those 2 on Sunday was pretty much my highlight, but the whole thing was a blast!

As soon as I get pics of the cos players and better pics of my prints and autographs I'll put them in here.
Last edited by zombombie on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very cool! Always love to hear about these con experiences. I would have picked up a lot of the same merch. Turtles, Aliens, Ghostbusters... I think we grew up on the same franchises. Great Lost Boys shirt from Last Exit to Nowhere. That's one I've had my eye on.

I think you may have posted the wrong photo of the "new recruit to the Colonial Marines." Unless Slimer is blasting xenomorphs now. :lol: I got that Slimer Funko Pop too, isn't he awesome? Love the slime that makes him stand up.

I heard about the story of Craig Windrix, that's a great thing his brother did!

You met Gozer and Hicks!? Man, that's so awesome! Iconic roles, for sure.

Oh, and you met a real life xenomorph? You're lucky to have survived. Haha, that's an awesome picture! Thanks for sharing!