Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
By pagemaster1993
Sci-Fi Valley Con is a local convetion of Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy. I was lucky to be able to go this year and it was all worth it.

The newest attraction was a Jeep made up to look like the one from Jurassic Park.

They even had a concept car made up for Jurassic Park.

They brought the DeLorean time machine from Back To The Future.

The guys who own the car even dressed up like Marty and Doc. Couldn't resist getting a picture of them.

They brought some props too.

The Adam West Batmobile was there.

They had an Ecto-1. However and this is a small grip I heard amongst the other Con goers. That it wasn't the right car for the Ecto. Anyway it was still cool to see.

Who Are You Gonna Call?

They had on hell of a guest too...

"It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!"

Now for what I consider was the best part of the convention.

You all know her. You all love her. You all fear her. Because nothing can stop her Fury.

Christine! The '58 Plymouth Fury just like that from the famous Stephen King movie.

For more from Sci-Fi Valley Con stay tuned I'll be posting more pictures of things that I got and some more information on what went on.
By pagemaster1993
I promised you there would be more, and here it comes.

Let me start of by telling you some of the stuff the guy who brought Christine with him. First for any body who lives (or would travel) in Fredericksburg, Virgina you have a chance to see this exact car. She's going to be at Q Balls Cafe And Billiards for Hell-O-Ween Fest. For more information go to http://www.helloweenfest.com/. Second thing going on with this car is that it's going to be featured in a movie. Not just any movie though. It's going to be in the new Night Of The Living Dead: Genesis. We didn't talk too much about it, but he said it is not going to be directed by Romero, however he is backing it.

Now I'll show off some of the things I picked up while there.

This is a print of a comic book cover. It's part of a series of comics called Arcadian Knights. For more information check them out at https://www.facebook.com/ArcadianKnightsComic

You got this free card when you walked through the door. Finally something with Winston on it.

This is a sketch card done by Brandon McDonald. Loki happening to be my favorite Villian of all time. I just coudn't resist. You can check out more of his art work here: https://www.facebook.com/bmac78art He had this beautiful Johnny Cash art piece that I wanted to get, but sadly it cost too much for me.

Another sketch card. This one of Stan "The Man" Lee. Sadly I didn't catch the name of the artist who did this one.

This is an absolute beautiful print of "Time" by T.C. McMullen. I now have this framed up and haning in my room. You can check out the rest of her art here: http://www.tcmcmullen.com/

The guys that brought the DeLorean had fliers made up just like the ones in the movie.

If you want to see more pictures of this car head over to https://www.facebook.com/SteelCityTimeMachine for more.

Each year they make up a shirt for the con.

This years has Slimer eating the Jurassic Park sign while coming out of a Stargate (Which they had a giant one out side, but I didn't get pics. Sorry.).

I think this is enough for one post. Tune in next time when I'll post about some of the happenings that went on there.
By pagemaster1993
The end is finally here. The last thing to show and tell you about this years Sci-Fi Valley Con.

It all comes from this:

The little booklet they give you when you walk through the door. It contains all the information on what will be going on each day of the con. Not to mention it looks just like the t-shirt.

It contains the floor planning.

Events including a Trivia Tournament, Costume Contest, Charity Contest, and After Party

All three days was a film festivil. In my opinion Saturday had some of the best films. Carnival Of Souls, House On Haunted Hill (original), Night Of the Living Dead, Nosferatu, Plan 9 from Outer Space, and The Terror.

There were guest panels. Including topics like writing, comics, movies, U.F.O.s, art, cosplay, candy, books, geekdom, and Science Fiction.

Games! Tabletop Gaming: Deadzone, Yu-Gi-Oh, X-Wing, Heroclix, 40k, Pokemon, Magic The Gathering, Resident Evil, and Legend Of The Five Rings.
Video Gaming: Super Mario Kart SNES, Mortal Kombat 3 Genesis, GoldenEye N64, Dr. Robotnik, Mariokar64, Halo 2, Bomberman 2, WWF Attitude, Duck Hunt, Starwars Pod Racer N64, and COD: Black Ops 2.
Most of the video game contests prizes were the actual console they were played on.

Featured Artists included: Kennith Richard Bouchard a local Central Pennsylvania Author. David James Spain a 26 year old mixed media artist from Maryland.

Featured Guests: Brian O'Halloran who played Dante Hicks in Clerks, Clerks II, and Clerks III. Scott Schiaffo the Chewlies Gum Guy from Clerks. Robert Bruce from AMC's Comic Book Men. David Madison director, writer and producer of cult horror film Mr. Hush. Michael Doughtery director of Firefly fan film Browncoats: Redemption and new zombie fil Z-Con. Derek Young driector of Midnight Matinee Psycho and Psychotic State. Finally Robert The Tire best known for his lead role in 2010's horror fim Rubber ( :? Don't ask. I'm not even sure myself)

Also I thought I would let you know they had a Tardis there. They were also suppose to have the Green Goblin Head from Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive there too, but sadly it couldn't make it.

All and all it was a great time. I am glad that I went this year. Can't wait to go next year, hopefully all three days. They are going to be in a bigger location. Which only means that there should be way more loads of stuff to look at, and not to mention share with you guys.
By pagemaster1993
NikkiRae wrote:Oh my gosh!!! I never knew this existed! How did I not know?! Is there any schedule for if/when it will be around next year?! I would most definitely make a trip to see it. It looks wonderful and sounds fun. I envy you, pagemaster.
They are already working on next years con. So far it is scheduled for May 15-17 this upcoming year.

For more information go to http://www.scifivalleycon.com/
By pagemaster1993
Your welcome. It would be nice to for a fellow Minion to be there.
By pagemaster1993
I went solo this year. Ran into a few friends, but went seperate ways. However it was still enjoyable just to be there. I talked with a lot of the people who set up shop there, so that was cool.
By pagemaster1993
That's cool. I keep forgetting how close Pittsburgh is to Altoona. I hope to see you there.
By chuckwagon
Awesome stuff Page!!!!! Being a big gear-head, I'd say the Plymouth Fury would have been my fav thing to see. Not only as a car freak, but as a HUUUGE fan of that movie, too. The JP jeep and concept car are awesome too. Really nice display for the Jeep! LOL@ the Barbasol, and flare stick!!

And yeah, as a nerd, car guy, and having slight OCD, I'd be a a bit peeved at the Ecto-1 not being a '59 Caddy, and having a bastardized Oldsmobile... But I do appreciate and respect the creativity, and drive to create something unique that is undoubtedly going to make many people smile anyway!!

Great pics Page, and kudos on all of your awesome acquisitions!! I am pretty jealous right now, haha.
By pagemaster1993
Thanks Chuck. Now that you bring up the Barbasol Can it reminds me of something. I believe they were meant to have one like in the movie. The one that opens up, and holds the embrioes inside it. However I don't recall actually seeing it there.