Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
By chuckwagon
I found a really fun place to eat in Des Moines, Iowa while working this weekend. It's called Zombie Burger + Drink Lab. Totally zombie themed, and the menu is a funny creation with horror movie titles for sandwich's and treats such as a burger called the "They're coming to get you Barbara"... It's pretty awesome, and I had a GREAT time there. Food was really good as well. Here's a link to check em out...
http://www.zombieburgerdm.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel like I've heard of this place. Maybe I saw it mentioned in a magazine or on TV? But this is the first time I heard a first-hand review of the place. Thanks for the info, Chuck. I wish this was closer to me. But if I ever take a road trip through the area, you just know I'll be stopping there. Maybe have a Flamethrower burger with a Pumpkin Pie shake.
By chuckwagon
In fact, Ryan, it was featured on a show on the Food Network recently. I didn't see the episode, but I just happened to notice the place as I was walking around a bit in Des Moines by my hotel. I mentioned going for dinner with a few coworkers, and one said that he saw it on TV. I actually had a Flamethrower last night, and it was... dare I say... to DIE for, LOL!!
By nosferatu
I love the artwork and the theme. I could feel my arteries hardening though just reading the menu. How many types of fries?

I hope it does really well though.
Good thing this restaurant isn't close to me. I'd be tempted to try everything on the menu, and my heart would explode. But as an occasional treat, I don't mind indulging.

Now that I think about it, I believe I did see it on the Food Network. And that's funny that you had the Flamethrower, Chuck. That one caught my eye, because I'm a sucker for the buffalo sauce heat with blue cheese.
By chuckwagon
I think it's just one type of fries Nos. That was the only discouraging thing. They were okay if you're a junk food junkie, and I am, but the fries were a bit too greasy even by my standards. Not crispy at all, just long stringy and saturated. Poorly seasoned as well, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt by saying that that was the only order of fries I had, so it could very well just have been a lackluster effort by the kitchen staff that time around. All in all I'd still give it a thumbs up.
By ghostface
That's awesome! I'm a Vegetarian so I would not be eating any of the meat items, but I would love to just go there and check it out!!
ghostface wrote:That's awesome! I'm a Vegetarian so I would not be eating any of the meat items, but I would love to just go there and check it out!!
Zombies eat flesh. But since you're veterinarian, what would you eat if you became undead, Ghostface? Oh, I know... GRAAAIIIIIINS!
By ghostface
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
ghostface wrote:That's awesome! I'm a Vegetarian so I would not be eating any of the meat items, but I would love to just go there and check it out!!
Zombies eat flesh. But since you're veterinarian, what would you eat if you became undead, Ghostface? Oh, I know... GRAAAIIIIIINS!
:lol: :lol: :lol: it looks to be that way! Clever thinking Ryan!
By chuckwagon
I'm in Iowa again this weekend, and guess where I went to eat last night?? HAHA. The manager on duty/partner in ownership allowed me to leave a handful of the half-size ZP! fliers on the counter by the register in the to-go service line. He said it wouldn't be right to not allow something like Zombie Pumpkins do a little advertising in a restaurant called Zombie Burger, LoL. I'm going back before I leave town, so I can't wait to see how many fliers have been picked up.