Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
Sorry to have stirred the pot first, but I reported this post. I think it was outright wrong.

However, we are ALL prone to making mistakes. If you think its wrong, even if its the slightest feeling that something may go wrong, don't do it. I've learned that one the hard way years back. Doing a similar mistake mind you.

But I've learned from my mistakes, and reporting the same mistake felt like something I should do. I ONLY carve ZP, and have for the past 4 years (excluding my first year on the site, I did a few of my own patterns). I also put in my FB posts that the patterns are copyrighted and property of ZP and all the technical jazz.

So I try to advertise ZP on facebook. They aren't competitors mind you, but I hope to bring more traffic here every year and crash the server once in a while. :wink:

Main thing is, it was wrong, and I'm pretty sure you'll be forgiven. Just don't do it again, Mistakes happen. :)
Dredge wrote:I think under certain circumstances its ok to mention other sites, but to simply say "Hey have you seen this site" with no real reason to post it. It just seems like you are shamelessly plugging it.

I was at a meeting yesterday, so I missed the post that were Deleted.
But some folks have filled me in on what site was linked.

I don't know if the reason to post the link was this one: (but it could have been)

The site in question has an Affiliate Program
Get People to SPAM the internet for you and pay them a percentage of the sale.
If folks buy patterns off that Link.
So when People Click the Link, the Poster / Spammer gets Money !!
St0ney wrote:
Dredge wrote:I think under certain circumstances its ok to mention other sites, but to simply say "Hey have you seen this site" with no real reason to post it. It just seems like you are shamelessly plugging it.

I was at a meeting yesterday, so I missed the post that were Deleted.
But some folks have filled me in on what site was linked.

I don't know if the reason to post the link was this one: (but it could have been)

The site in question has an Affiliate Program
Get People to SPAM the internet for you and pay them a percentage of the sale.
If folks buy patterns off that Link.
So when People Click the Link, the Poster / Spammer gets Money !!
Now, THAT would definitely be crossing the line across the board, and I think that would probably tick off some minions. Thats simply taking advantage of us.
Because the Link was deleted before I could see it,

I don't know if it was an Affiliate type link.

To give credit to an Affiliate, the link has to have extra Code in it.

Which can be hidden using BBC Code:
Code: Select all
[url=REAL URL WITH CODE]WHAT WILL SHOW ON THE FORUM[/url]
RavensDestiny wrote:I think of it like this. If you stood outside Target with a sign advertising Walmart, or went inside and started telling their customers Walmart had the same stuff only cheaper, someone from Target would probably ask you to stop. They probably wouldn't allow it and they certainly don't advertise other stores specials in their store. While you may be curious if Walmart has a better price on something or better selection, you're going have to go to Walmart to find out.
perfect example :)