Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Creepy story, ghostface! I like how your story is set on this year's Halloween, and references it being 10 years since the start of the apocalypse.

After reading the part that says, "They shouldn’t have done what they did. They shouldn’t have carved those pumpkins" I feel like this story almost begs for a prequel origin story.

Quite a dark take on the Zombie Pumpkins mythos. When I tell the tale of the Zombie Pumpkins, I often reference their threat. But you explained what actually happens when they capture you in their vines. Blood and dismemberment! Yikes, I'd be scared of them.

I believe that the Zombie Pumpkins are the neglected gourds that never got carved. They feel left out, and want to be part of the tradition. And so they take the revenge on the humans that treated them poorly.

So if the Zombie Pumpkins kill every human on earth, will they really be satisfied? Who will be left to carve pumpkins? That's a twist ending worth of The Twilight Zone. :o
By ghostface
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Creepy story, ghostface! I like how your story is set on this year's Halloween, and references it being 10 years since the start of the apocalypse.

After reading the part that says, "They shouldn’t have done what they did. They shouldn’t have carved those pumpkins" I feel like this story almost begs for a prequel origin story.

Quite a dark take on the Zombie Pumpkins mythos. When I tell the tale of the Zombie Pumpkins, I often reference their threat. But you explained what actually happens when they capture you in their vines. Blood and dismemberment! Yikes, I'd be scared of them.

I believe that the Zombie Pumpkins are the neglected gourds that never got carved. They feel left out, and want to be part of the tradition. And so they take the revenge on the humans that treated them poorly.

So if the Zombie Pumpkins kill every human on earth, will they really be satisfied? Who will be left to carve pumpkins? That's a twist ending worth of The Twilight Zone. :o
That means a lot coming from you. Thank you and everyone! So glad you all like my story. :D
By ghostface
So bringing this back up because my school had an Academics Awards Banquet where they give out certificates for certain academic achievements and my story about Zombie Pumpkins won the Best Written Story throughout the year! :D